cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74SX Overclocking

g74sx_dubrovnik
Level 7
Hi everybody,

I have Asus G74sx-BBK7 bought at best buy.
I will attach picture with my GPU spec and details from Nvidia inspector.
Can somebody please help me to overclock it to maximum "safe" point without crashing?
I˙m new with overclocking and I wouldn˙t like to screw my laptop.
Thank you for you effort 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

Pitcher1
Level 9
ASUS have not suggest you do the OC, but if you want to, you can try youself or search from here for other people experence.

Muratus
Level 10
I have the same card in my G73SW, mine came from a G53SX. Anyway not all cards/machines can OC to the same level but here is the highest I've been able to get mine to and remain stable.

Asus G73M (Used to be G73SW-BST6 now renamed to M for the Muratus edition)

• Intel Core i7-2630QM
  • 1080p (1920x1080) LCD (upgraded)
  • Samsung pm830 256GB SSD
  • Sansung 750GB 7200rmp 2nd HD
  • Bluetooth ( added )
  • Blu-ray/DVD ( upgraded )
  • Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Mods:

digitard
Level 7
Honestly there's no "safe" limit people can give you because every card is different. Those little tolerance differences in every product made generally means that even though you have the same model as other people your experience can be drastically different since it's a different physical product.

As mentioned above... it's at your own risk. I recommend doing some micro changes (go up a tiny bit and see if it remains stable) and just keep doing that until you see instability or heat issues. Then dial back to a previous setting.

Expedition
Level 7
I've seen some people clock up to 950-975, but I clock mine to 900/1800/1800 and haven't had any problems with temperature increase or instability of any kind. I also don't see any need to clock it higher than this as it allows you to play battlefield 3 at highest settings fine, skyrim with a **** load of mods at ultra and witcher 2 at high settings.

Expedition wrote:
I've seen some people clock up to 950-975, but I clock mine to 900/1800/1800 and haven't had any problems with temperature increase or instability of any kind. I also don't see any need to clock it higher than this as it allows you to play battlefield 3 at highest settings fine, skyrim with a **** load of mods at ultra and witcher 2 at high settings.

What CPU are you using? I haven't taken my 560M that high (yet, no real reason to really go for it until I lose this 5400 RPM HDD and maybe upgrade my CPU), but I'm curious what other settings you've got. As I said, my biggest bottlenecks for now are my HDD and my RAM's data rate (1333 max due to the 2630QM I'm running).
Roses are red
Bacon is also red
I'm not good at poetry
Bacon

ValleyOfShadows
Level 7
I've only managed to get mine to 768/1500/1535. It won't behave beyond that. But, could the problem be because I am running my processor at a lower clock rate too? I'm using Power4Gear to keep it at 1.17mhz. It doesn't need to run higher than that unless I'm rendering video after editing.