Thread: G75VW-TH71 Screen Quality?

ROG Member Array

G75VW-TH71 Screen Quality?

I bought a G75VW-TH71 from TigerDirect. I didn't realize that the screen on this model was only 1600x900 as opposed to the 1920x1080 screen of other models. I don't really mind so much about the resolution, but I'm wondering - Does the TH71 screen differ in any other way from the higher resolution screens on other models? Specifically, is the quality the same as the higher resolution screens? Is the technology any different? I ask because I had read some reviews that said the BBK model had a cheaper quality screen than some of the other higher-end models and I'm wondering is that is also true of the TH71 model. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hcour View Post
    I bought a G75VW-TH71 from TigerDirect. I didn't realize that the screen on this model was only 1600x900 as opposed to the 1920x1080 screen of other models. I don't really mind so much about the resolution, but I'm wondering - Does the TH71 screen differ in any other way from the higher resolution screens on other models? Specifically, is the quality the same as the higher resolution screens? Is the technology any different? I ask because I had read some reviews that said the BBK model had a cheaper quality screen than some of the other higher-end models and I'm wondering is that is also true of the TH71 model. Thanks.
    From what I can tell, that's an exclusive model made for tiger direct. If I had to guess, it suffers from the same margin cutting issues that Best Buy required of ASUS. (Lower qual screen, slower HDD)

I generally recommend that customers avoid the vendor specific models for these very reasons.
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

ROG Member Array

Well, that's not good news. The reason I asked is because this screen is causing eye strain, even when using it for brief periods. I never have this problem with my LCD monitors on my desktop. So I'm wondering if a lower quality screen could cause this issue?

New ROGer Array

You may want to see if you adjust to the screen. I have the better screen and initially noticed eye strain/head aches. After a few weeks, I no longer had a problem.

ROG Member Array

What's the difference between the two screens? I have the Best Buy model.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SHADO's Avatar
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapichu View Post
    What's the difference between the two screens? I have the Best Buy model.

1600x900 as opposed to the 1920x1080 screen of other models. Yours is 1920x1080.

Although I may be misunderstanding the question...
    Last edited by SHADO; 06-01-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    ASUS G75VW
    i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
    GTX 660M (2GB)
    16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    1TB HDD
    2TB HDD
    Blu-ray Writer (Pana. UJ-260)

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Eye Strain?!?!! I don't know what you're talkin' about....
    eyestrain.png
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT