cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-TH71 Screen Quality?

hcour
Level 8
I bought a G75VW-TH71 from TigerDirect. I didn't realize that the screen on this model was only 1600x900 as opposed to the 1920x1080 screen of other models. I don't really mind so much about the resolution, but I'm wondering - Does the TH71 screen differ in any other way from the higher resolution screens on other models? Specifically, is the quality the same as the higher resolution screens? Is the technology any different? I ask because I had read some reviews that said the BBK model had a cheaper quality screen than some of the other higher-end models and I'm wondering is that is also true of the TH71 model. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Shawnnepc
Level 13
hcour wrote:
I bought a G75VW-TH71 from TigerDirect. I didn't realize that the screen on this model was only 1600x900 as opposed to the 1920x1080 screen of other models. I don't really mind so much about the resolution, but I'm wondering - Does the TH71 screen differ in any other way from the higher resolution screens on other models? Specifically, is the quality the same as the higher resolution screens? Is the technology any different? I ask because I had read some reviews that said the BBK model had a cheaper quality screen than some of the other higher-end models and I'm wondering is that is also true of the TH71 model. Thanks.

From what I can tell, that's an exclusive model made for tiger direct. If I had to guess, it suffers from the same margin cutting issues that Best Buy required of ASUS. (Lower qual screen, slower HDD)

I generally recommend that customers avoid the vendor specific models for these very reasons.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

hcour
Level 8
Well, that's not good news. The reason I asked is because this screen is causing eye strain, even when using it for brief periods. I never have this problem with my LCD monitors on my desktop. So I'm wondering if a lower quality screen could cause this issue?

goldfreaz
Level 7
You may want to see if you adjust to the screen. I have the better screen and initially noticed eye strain/head aches. After a few weeks, I no longer had a problem.

Pikapichu
Level 9
What's the difference between the two screens? I have the Best Buy model.
G75VW || 660m / 24GB RAM / Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD

Pikapichu wrote:
What's the difference between the two screens? I have the Best Buy model.

1600x900 as opposed to the 1920x1080 screen of other models. Yours is 1920x1080.

Although I may be misunderstanding the question...
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD
Blu-ray Writer (Pana. UJ-260)

dstrakele
Level 14
Eye Strain?!?!! I don't know what you're talkin' about....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT