+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus AI Suite III

ROG Member xator +10

Cool Finally, Ai Suite 3 FULLY WORKING on Z77 Board

Hi there people,

I'm glad to say that I've finally installed Ai Suite 3 with fully support on my P8Z77v-Deluxe.

Here some pics:

Full Frontend:
    fullfrontend.jpg

Dip 4 Working:
    dip4.jpg

FanXpert 2 Working:
    fanxpert2.jpg

Everything I've tested is pretty stable and working like a charm. The main difference with AiSuite 2 is, apart from it's looking, that it is so much faster and stable app.

I've just came across one minor bug with FanXpert 2 and it is:

MINOR BUG: The first time you enter to FanXpert 2 panel, it asks you to Automatically search for your Fans, testing their velocities, as is Ai Suite 2 happens. This testing runs smoothly, but at the end of process (99% to 100% progress bar ) it forcecloses the entire Ai Suite 3. It still saves the data gathered from the testing, so when you open again Ai Suite 3, all the fans are there, fully adjustables and working fine.

I don't know if i can post the modified installer, so I'll just put the steps I've made. If it's allowed to post it, let me know and I'll upload it into MEGA.

0-Uninstall Ai Suite 2 TOTALLY ( erase ASUS Folder from C:\Program Files ( both x86 and x64) and from C:\ProgramData too ). Ccleaner Registry cleaning is recommended.
    1-Download Ai Suite 3 and Ai Suite 2 from any Motherboard Compatible Support Webpage.
    2-Unrar them on separated folders on Desktop.
    3-Copy the content of AiSuite2/DrvResource folder and paste it on AiSuite3/DrvResource folder. If asked to replace anything answer YES.
    4-Copy AsAcpi.dll and asacpiex.dll from AiSuite2/FanXpert2/AppSetup to AiSuite3 root folder. If asked to replace files, answer YES.
    5-REBOOT (needed for what we've done on Step 0)
    6-Start Installation of AiSuite3 from AsusSetup.exe.
    7-Select what you want to install, let it install properly, and reboot at the end of installation.
    8-Happy testing!!

I'm keeping it installed since it works amazingly good. So if anyone wants me to test anything working, just tell me.

See ya!

PS: Once again, sorry for my english...
    Last edited by xator; 06-25-2013 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Correcting gramatic mistakes

New ROGer sharfaraz_ifaz +10

Awesome post xator. This means that ASUS just needs to make some small tweaks to make AI Suite III fully supported on Z77 boards. Can't wait for an official release (if any ).

New ROGer Uturn +10

Quote Originally Posted by sharfaraz_ifaz View Post
    Awesome post xator. This means that ASUS just needs to make some small tweaks to make AI Suite III fully supported on Z77 boards. Can't wait for an official release (if any ).
    Right with you! I can't wait.

ROG Guru: Green Belt twisted1 +30 twisted1's Avatar

I think Asus has a bit higher demands on function and stability, and neat features.

There's a bunch of stuff that's haswell exclusive that dont work, there's probably more work to it then one would think

The testing I did left me with the same impression, Ai Suite 2 is really slow and unresponsive, and it takes to much time to get where you want to go in the app. Aisuite3 was like any other program, snappy and you get a great overview of most important stuff. Looked good in ROG theme too

ROG Member Rookie +10

I currently have a rampage iii gene motherboard and I know for a fact that AI suite 3 wont work for my current setup. However I am soon upgrading to a 3930k. I would really like to know is that if Ai suite 3 is working for z77 will it work for x79 as well?

Also I am assuming that the one click OC process from the new 4 way optimization is for haswell only and wont work for the older cpus?

ROG Guru: Green Belt twisted1 +30 twisted1's Avatar

There's an auto OC function even on my z68v-pro board.

However it sucks like all other auto OC tings I've seen. You'll get OC but you will get faaaaar from an optimal OC. Usally low clock and really high Vcore.

Of course they have to do it that way since basically no two cpu's clock the same. So the setting you get is set to work with even the worst of cpu's.

You can ask about OC and all that here on the forum, alot of people that know lots about OC, and some that know everything more or less :P

The Z77 version will likely not work, don't know if there's a X79 version coming also.

ROG Member Rookie +10

Yeah, I've never been a fan of auto OC utilities. But from what I have seen so far with all the demos JJ has been doing is that the new utility is quite good with the adaptive volts and all the optimized 1 click OC. Ofcourse I have not used it myself, just going by what I have seen so far on youtube.

I was'nt very impressed with Haswell itself but the boards did look promising. I still have not decided whether I will upgrade to haswell or 3930k. The heat from even mediocre OCs from haswell is kind of disappointing and because of this I will most likely go with 3930k.

Looking forward to see whether AI suite 3 will work for x79 boards as well. The previous iterations were kind of sluggish and not very responsive all the time but the demos so far on youtube of the AI suite 3 seem like its a very snappy program.
    Last edited by Rookie; 06-26-2013 at 09:34 AM.

New ROGer butthurt +10

thanks for the guide xator. installed the AI III for my Z77 MVG successfully.

some of the things i've noticed;
    1) no GPU & DRAM freq listed under the CPU freq on the bottom left of the UI.
    2) 4 way optimization; the suite crashed once it gets to fanxpert config step (i already ran the fanxpert config before the 4 way optimization process and rebooted the system, fans are there and adjustable after system reboot)

will run another test later tonight
    I7 3770K @ 3.5GHz | ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE | ASUS GTX 680 DCII OC | CORSAIR 8GB VENGEANCE CL9 RED | CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GT 120GB | SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB + WD GREEN 1TB | CORSAIR AX650 | CORSAIR 600T WHITE | CORSAIR VENGEANCE K90 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE M60 | RAZER GOLIATHUS CONTROL ALPHA | VIEWSONIC VX2233WV | CORSAIR SP2500 | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64

ROG Enthusiast djuplfit +10 djuplfit's Avatar

Saaaweeet! Just did this... Thanks

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge OC @4.6GHz - ASUS Maximus V EXTREME - CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB @1600Mhz - EVGA GTX 780Ti Classified - OCZ Vertex 128GB SATA III SSD - Corsair Pro Series HX 1050 Watt PSU - COOLER MASTER HAF X 942 - Swiftech H20-220 "Ultima HD" Liquid Cooling

ROG Enthusiast djuplfit +10 djuplfit's Avatar

Getting a DLL Access Violation at addresss.... in module dip4.dll

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge OC @4.6GHz - ASUS Maximus V EXTREME - CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB @1600Mhz - EVGA GTX 780Ti Classified - OCZ Vertex 128GB SATA III SSD - Corsair Pro Series HX 1050 Watt PSU - COOLER MASTER HAF X 942 - Swiftech H20-220 "Ultima HD" Liquid Cooling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast