cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy G750JW

MauricioNO
Level 7
Best buy has just put the G750JW on their website, and I was wondering why is it cheaper than most places.
Best Buy version is the G750JW-BBI7N05 model, while most places have the G750JW-DB71.

One thing I have noticed comparing specs is that BB's one comes with 8GB instead of the 12GB of the other version.
Now Im not sure how this has been in the past generations, is it common to BB to get a custom cheaper version?
How can I be sure that the 4GB of RAM is the only thing I'll be missing on?
What if the screen is somewhat cheaper, or other internal components?

Any help from someone who has been around for past G series generations or has this general knowledge is appreciated.

Link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/17.3%22+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/8937112.p;jsessionid=D70FEB...
28 REPLIES 28

Shawnnepc
Level 13
Best Buy generally cuts some features of their specific laptop models in order to meet a certain margin.

Best Buy units in the past have sacrificed screen quaility, GPUs, CPUs and build quality.

MauricioNO wrote:
Best buy has just put the G750JW on their website, and I was wondering why is it cheaper than most places.
Best Buy version is the G750JW-BBI7N05 model, while most places have the G750JW-DB71.

One thing I have noticed comparing specs is that BB's one comes with 8GB instead of the 12GB of the other version.
Now Im not sure how this has been in the past generations, is it common to BB to get a custom cheaper version?
How can I be sure that the 4GB of RAM is the only thing I'll be missing on?
What if the screen is somewhat cheaper, or other internal components?

Any help from someone who has been around for past G series generations or has this general knowledge is appreciated.

Link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/17.3%22+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/8937112.p;jsessionid=D70FEB...[/QUOTE
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

The specs seem identical expect for the memory to the G750JW-DB71 I ordered, possibility that ASUS and Bestbuy had a contract to lower the price? I don't see much differences between the two I guess I'll have to wait to check it out at my local Bestbuy.

I just bought the G75VX from BestBuy 18 Days ago. Hopefully there is not a huge difference, According to a comparison the 765m vs. 670mx is only a 3% difference. It's the same price as my g75vx as well. 😞

Kaerbear86 wrote:
I just bought the G75VX from BestBuy 18 Days ago. Hopefully there is not a huge difference, According to a comparison the 765m vs. 670mx is only a 3% difference. It's the same price as my g75vx as well. 😞

Well the G75 model have the option to upgrade the CPU within the same socket so you could get a 3820QM, unlike the G750 models which are all soldered on so I won't be able to do anything to my CPU besides repasting 😕

MauricioNO
Level 7
I am pretty sure Best Buy Model was U$1.299 yesterday, but I check again today and it says U$1.249.
It is a price that sounds very interesting to me, I might just get this one instead, but then again, the difference to the other places is U$150 for 4GB of RAM, that sure seems like a pretty expensive RAM to me, unless it's not the only difference and there other cheaper components :S

MauricioNO wrote:
I am pretty sure Best Buy Model was U$1.299 yesterday, but I check again today and it says U$1.249.
It is a price that sounds very interesting to me, I might just get this one instead, but then again, the difference to the other places is U$150 for 4GB of RAM, that sure seems like a pretty expensive RAM to me, unless it's not the only difference and there other cheaper components :S

Yeah it doesn't make much sense to what did they cut back on to make the Model a $150 cheaper. All this considering I'm going to pay a visit to a Best Buy in my area once they put it on display to see what is the difference in the models. I already purchased my G750-DB71 and I really don't feel to happy about this...

Darknal wrote:
Yeah it doesn't make much sense to what did they cut back on to make the Model a $150 cheaper. All this considering I'm going to pay a visit to a Best Buy in my area once they put it on display to see what is the difference in the models. I already purchased my G750-DB71 and I really don't feel to happy about this...

Best Buy only has a one year warranty rather than a 2 with other models.I bought a G75VX from them a few months ago and have been worried that the new model would blow it away. Than I saw it had the 765M and not the 770m and the 4700HQ is only 5-10% faster than the 3630Q so othe than the new design the new model isn't much of an improvement.

willy wrote:
Best Buy only has a one year warranty rather than a 2 with other models.I bought a G75VX from them a few months ago and have been worried that the new model would blow it away. Than I saw it had the 765M and not the 770m and the 4700HQ is only 5-10% faster than the 3630Q so othe than the new design the new model isn't much of an improvement.

Sounds Good. That's what I though aswell. Only a 3% GPU increase and 5-10% CPU is no big deal. can just OC gpu and upgrade cpu! 😉

Kaerbear86 wrote:
Sounds Good. That's what I though aswell. Only a 3% GPU increase and 5-10% CPU is no big deal. can just OC gpu and upgrade cpu! 😉

What gets me feeling awkward about this is that ASUS went with a soldered CPU this time around so that means I won't be able to swap it out like the previous models.