Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V - Sleeping and sound issues

Retired
Not applicable
Hello All

If you guys could please help me, I am having 2 problems with my Crosshair V

1. When the machine is switching off or going to sleep a weird a "hissing" comes out from the speakers (not so frequent)

2. When trying to awake from sleep I would nearly always get a BSOD

After returning the report below is shown by WhoCrashed

On Fri 29/07/2011 20:00:02 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072911-17019-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7FD00)
Bugcheck code: 0x35 (0xFFFFFA8007609010, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check occurs when the IoCallDriver packet has no more stack locations remaining.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

It usually mentioned the AIcharger driver crashing on the exact same second but now is not coming on the report anymore.

BIOS 0506

Thanks
25 REPLIES 25

bern43
Level 7
I'm not getting the BSOD's but I do notice a static sound when I shut down from my speakers. Haven't had time to investigate yet. Thinking it may just be the lack of adequate shielding in my speakers. Curious if others are seeing this.
Asus Maximus Extreme Z, Intel 2600K at 4.5, Noctua NH-D14 cooler, MSI GTX 670 PE/OC, Dell U2412 monitor, 8GB Gskill Sniper memory at 1866, Corsair HX850 Power Supply, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Samsung 128 gb 830 ssd, WD RE4 2 tb X 2 in raid 1, Intel 320 870 gb ssd, Filco Tenkeyless keyboard, Logitech G400 Mouse, Audioengine A5 speakers, HP Officejet 6500 printer

chrsplmr
Level 18
they all hiss... i havent seen what it is..
and i enabled the repost on s3 resume...good luck.c.
(im not a tech here, that is what i did though.)

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for your replies..

I have tried enabling repost on s3 resume but no luck with the sleeping issues

And sad to hear other people are having the sound issues too.

I have just purchased an Ipad and now i'm getting BSOD nearly every time I connect the Ipad 2 on the USB X(

chrsplmr
Level 18
yea,,it was a long shot... old school way, someone excuse me if that doesnt apply now, and please call my attention to it,
but...... bsod...'were'..99% of the time, ram...c.

Raja
Level 13
Opmprime, can you list all parts please?

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Here goes Raja:

ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX Socket AM3+ 8 Channel audio ATX Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz Socket AM3 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Corsair 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RED Vengeance Memory Kit CL8 1.5V 8-8-8-24
Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 32MB Cache
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2 Socket 775, 1156, 1155, 1366, AM2, AM3 Heatpipe CPU Cooler
XFX HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI Dual Mini Display Port Out Graphics Card
LiteOn iHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive
Coolermaster CM690 II Lite with Coolermaster GX 650W PSU

Retired
Not applicable
Hi

I have done some tests and i think the BSODs have been related to my antivirus software...
Will do some more tests and see how it goes...

opmprime wrote:
Hi

I have done some tests and i think the BSODs have been related to my antivirus software...
Will do some more tests and see how it goes...

What antivirus are you using. I installed the included Kaspersky IS that comes with the board; did a lot of testing and never a problem with Kaspersky anyways.

Retired
Not applicable
Kipper wrote:
What antivirus are you using. I installed the included Kaspersky IS that comes with the board; did a lot of testing and never a problem with Kaspersky anyways.

I was using Bitdefender IS 2011, I have installed Kaspersky IS 2011 and it seems fine so far...