+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Triple SLI

New ROGer Neroroms +10

ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Triple SLI

Hello I'm new here.

I'm interest in "ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II OC". But there is one thing that I'm concern very much.

Can it connect three card together in my motherboard?

My Motherboard is Rampage IV Formula.

Because "GTX 780 DirectCU II" can do a triple SLI. but with cooler size I do not sure it's can do as I want.

Thank you very much.

well as of now there is no DCUII card of the 780 out that i can see on asus's page.
    http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/N...ries_Products/
    only that is that version is the 770.
    CPU: i5-3570K | MB: M5F | Mem: 16GB dominator platinum | GPU: 2x EVGA hydro copper 780 | SSD: 3 x OCZ 120gb | PSU: Corsair 1200i | CPU cooling: custom water cooling | Monitor: LG 47" ( main ( tv ) ), acer 24" s242hl

Helium Chilled MarshallR@ASUS +75 MarshallR@ASUS's Avatar

This one: http://rog.asus.com/241232013/graphi...i-oc-unboxing/

Yes they are dual slot and will work on your Rampage IV together.
    Richard Swinburne
    ROG HQ
    Innovate. Never Imitate.

When I get reeeally sad about missing someone far away, I just take a deep cleansing breath, then switch to the rifle with a scope.

New ROGer Neroroms +10

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    This one: http://rog.asus.com/241232013/graphi...i-oc-unboxing/

Yes they are dual slot and will work on your Rampage IV together.
    Thank you very much.

ROG Bodhi: Orion's Belt Arne Saknussemm +300 Arne Saknussemm +300 Arne Saknussemm +300 Arne Saknussemm +300 Arne Saknussemm's Avatar

Can I ask if you are going to air cool these three in a case? And if so dare I brave the anger of the ASUS gods and suggest that triple SLI in a case might actually be better with the reference cards.

I had 2 680 DCuIITs and had them in a case with great airflow but they vent all the heat into the case around them and very quickly saturate the environment in your case with very warm air. The reference design vents out of the case and with good airflow I think will overall work better. I had to take the 680s out onto a bench table for them to prove the benefit of the cooler design.

I find many of the reviews confirming the marketing claims for these cards are running them outside of a case too and think this is a bit misleading to say the least.

This is my personal experience and I did not collect hard data to back up this impression but I'll post it up for you to think about....

Phobya Bench Table / Rampage IV Black Edition / i7-4930K / 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CMD16GX3M4A2133C9
    ASUS GTX Titan Black or ASUS Matrix Platinum R9 290X / ASUS Xonar Essence STX
    1x OCZ Vector 150 240GB, 2x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 500GB
    Custom loop: EK Supreme HF Full EN /EK-FC BLOCK for TI/TITAN / 2x EK Coolstream XTX 360
    Dual D5 Varios with EK D5 X-Tops / EK- RES X3 400
    Dell U2711

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

No you will not get the wrath of the ASUS gods down on you at all. That is honest and good advice. The way the reference cards do their cooling is more suited for multi-card cooling in case. Mainly because the hot air is vented directly outside the case via the PCIe exhaust slots.

The DCII cooler vents air all over the show. Great card mind you but not my first choice for multi card setups in a case. On a test bench win win.

imMortal Kombatant Myk SilentShadow +200 Myk SilentShadow +200 Myk SilentShadow +200 Myk SilentShadow's Avatar

I'd have to agree and chime in that with 3 cards, a full Liquid setup would probably be better for housing the 3 cards in a case.
    MotherboardRampage IV Formula CPU3820 RAMCorsair XMS3 8GB 1600 VGAGigabyte GTX 285 SSD/OSCorsair Neutron 128GB HDD/DataSeagate 2TB CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha

ROG Overclocking Education Center ||| ROG RealBench Tweaks & Tips

New ROGer Neroroms +10

Thanks Arne.

It's a very good advice.

ROG Enthusiast RTS001 +10 RTS001's Avatar

So when is this GTX 780 DirectCU II OC??? I haven't seen it anywhere.?
    Build in Progress

IN WIN D-Frame (Red Limited Edition)
    Maximus VI Extreme
    Intel 4770k
    Corsair AX1200i
    Corsair H100i (Maybe Lepa HDB240)
    G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB
    Samsung 840 512GB
    WD Black 2TB
    Video Cards (TBD)

+ Reply to Thread