cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Triple SLI

Neroroms
Level 7
Hello I'm new here.

I'm interest in "ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II OC". But there is one thing that I'm concern very much.

Can it connect three card together in my motherboard?

My Motherboard is Rampage IV Formula.

Because "GTX 780 DirectCU II" can do a triple SLI. but with cooler size I do not sure it's can do as I want.

Thank you very much.
9 REPLIES 9

kkn
Level 14
well as of now there is no DCUII card of the 780 out that i can see on asus's page.
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series_Products/
only that is that version is the 770.

X-ROG
Level 15
This one: http://rog.asus.com/241232013/graphics-cards-2/asus-geforce-gtx-780-directcu-ii-oc-unboxing/

Yes they are dual slot and will work on your Rampage IV together.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
This one: http://rog.asus.com/241232013/graphics-cards-2/asus-geforce-gtx-780-directcu-ii-oc-unboxing/

Yes they are dual slot and will work on your Rampage IV together.

Thank you very much. 😄

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nice card and thanks for the link Marshall
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Can I ask if you are going to air cool these three in a case? And if so dare I brave the anger of the ASUS gods and suggest that triple SLI in a case might actually be better with the reference cards.

I had 2 680 DCuIITs and had them in a case with great airflow but they vent all the heat into the case around them and very quickly saturate the environment in your case with very warm air. The reference design vents out of the case and with good airflow I think will overall work better. I had to take the 680s out onto a bench table for them to prove the benefit of the cooler design.

I find many of the reviews confirming the marketing claims for these cards are running them outside of a case too and think this is a bit misleading to say the least.

This is my personal experience and I did not collect hard data to back up this impression but I'll post it up for you to think about....

HiVizMan
Level 40
No you will not get the wrath of the ASUS gods down on you at all. That is honest and good advice. The way the reference cards do their cooling is more suited for multi-card cooling in case. Mainly because the hot air is vented directly outside the case via the PCIe exhaust slots.

The DCII cooler vents air all over the show. Great card mind you but not my first choice for multi card setups in a case. On a test bench win win.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
I'd have to agree and chime in that with 3 cards, a full Liquid setup would probably be better for housing the 3 cards in a case.

Thanks Arne.

It's a very good advice.

So when is this GTX 780 DirectCU II OC??? I haven't seen it anywhere.?
Build in Progress

IN WIN D-Frame (Red Limited Edition)
Maximus VI Extreme
Intel 4770k
Corsair AX1200i
Corsair H100i (Maybe Lepa HDB240)
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB
Samsung 840 512GB
WD Black 2TB
Video Cards (TBD)