cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW - Corsair Vengeance RAM

BobbyCannon
Level 9
I'm trying to get 32gb of Corsair Vengeance RAM (CMSX16GX3M2A1866C10) working in my G750JW. This is what I have seen work. Here is a link to the RAM used.

• 2 x 4gb RAM internal slots + 2 x 8gb RAM external slots
  • 2 x 8gb RAM internal slots + 2 x 4gb RAM external slots

Each of the four 8gb RAM sticks are used in the two configuration above. This means I know that all four 8gb RAM sticks are working RAM sticks.

However when I put the four 8gb RAM sticks in the slots the laptop will not post. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to get the computer to use all 32gb of the RAM?
7 REPLIES 7

pombocom
Level 7
What OS are you running?

subspan
Level 7
Hey BobbyCannon,
I am curious if you have found a solution to this for I have also just bought the same ram. I haven't installed them yet because for the life of me I haven't been able to get to the inner ram slots. If you could enlighten me that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BobbyCannon wrote:
I'm trying to get 32gb of Corsair Vengeance RAM (CMSX16GX3M2A1866C10) working in my G750JW. This is what I have seen work. Here is a link to the RAM used.

• 2 x 4gb RAM internal slots + 2 x 8gb RAM external slots
  • 2 x 8gb RAM internal slots + 2 x 4gb RAM external slots

Each of the four 8gb RAM sticks are used in the two configuration above. This means I know that all four 8gb RAM sticks are working RAM sticks.

However when I put the four 8gb RAM sticks in the slots the laptop will not post. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to get the computer to use all 32gb of the RAM?

subspan wrote:
Hey BobbyCannon,
I am curious if you have found a solution to this for I have also just bought the same ram. I haven't installed them yet because for the life of me I haven't been able to get to the inner ram slots. If you could enlighten me that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

As far as I know, the maximum RAM supported depends on the frequency: 32GB for 1600MHz and 16GB for 1866MHz. And on a sidenote, the memory modules you guys bought will cause problems that can potentially damage your laptop because those Vengeance kits run at 1.5V and the G750s use 1.35V memory.

meber0624
Level 7
I second what Chino said: If you ran the Corsair compatability utility it would tell you that the Haswell board can only accept 1.3V memory cards. You will never get those working on your laptop without physical damage.

ivanskeptron
Level 7
hi guys

i have also problem with my Corsair vengeance (2x4) 8 gb ddr3
i am using asus r4f board i overclocked my 3820 i7 to 4.3 ghz but can you give me the setting in memory timings or i will set ito auto ?frequency appreciate if can you give me the timings and another thing is it ok to use Memory Frequency to Auto because i suspected it this is the problem of my OC after i run prime 95 for 4 hours my system hangs up and i use 1333 frequency.

you got to take all 7 screws that are under the rubber pad, take the rubber pas with a flat head screw driver, then take the screws from the battery compartment, I think their 5 of them, gently pop the top cover that is behind the screen, careful because the speaker are attach to it so you need to unplug the wire, the take the screen off the base and gently pop the whole cover that is one piece the keyboard and be carful because you'll need to unplug the keyboard from the motherboard as well as the touching pad. then you will have access to the Ram and will be able to replace it, you will need and extra pair of hand to put back the pieces. but if you are able to take it apart you will be able to put it back together..

With the system using 1.35v low voltage ram you don't have a great deal of options for upgrading even though it's meant to be a gaming laptop.

Now the system will run as stated with memory from 8gb to 32gb at 1600mhz, and 4x4(16gb) can run up to 1866mhz, my question is has anyone tried 4x4gb Corsair CMSX8GX3M2B2133C11 - CORSAIR 8GB SO-DIMM DDR3L 2133 D/KIT ?

Can the Haswell Core™ i7-4700HQ chip support it? Will it bottle-neck at the CPU making it a waste of time and cash?