Thread: PCH fan stop spinning on my Rampage IV extreme. Need some advise please..

ROG Member Array

PCH fan stop spinning on my Rampage IV extreme. Need some advise please..

my pch fan spinning normally when i turn on my pc this morning but suddenly it stop spinning after 6 seconds. when i reset and check the bios setting the pch fan shows n/a. my window boot normally but the pch fan won't spin. when i turn my pc off and unplug it then do the cmos clear. then plug it back and turn on my pc still my pch fan spin only for 6 seconds. My pch temp shows 41 degree celcius. Im currently using window 8 with Bios version 4102 and the mobo LED keep showing the 04 code. Anyone have any idea how to solve this matter?

Did you recently update your bios?

And do you get into OS with any problem?

ROG Member Array

bios already updated to 4102 version. no problem get in to my OS. only two things pch fan stop spinning and mobo led shows 04 code

ROG Member Array

downgrading my bios version to version 4004. now the PCH spin normally and no more 04 error code

What happened with the new bios is there was some changes to the threshold of the fan settings.

I also have gone back to the 4004

ROG Member Array

last time when i updated the bios version to 4102 the PCH fan monitor show 6000+ rpm after that it stop running and the mobo led shows the 04 error. hope that asus tech will fix that on the next bios version.