+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PCH fan stop spinning on my Rampage IV extreme. Need some advise please..

ROG Member eius86 +10

PCH fan stop spinning on my Rampage IV extreme. Need some advise please..

my pch fan spinning normally when i turn on my pc this morning but suddenly it stop spinning after 6 seconds. when i reset and check the bios setting the pch fan shows n/a. my window boot normally but the pch fan won't spin. when i turn my pc off and unplug it then do the cmos clear. then plug it back and turn on my pc still my pch fan spin only for 6 seconds. My pch temp shows 41 degree celcius. Im currently using window 8 with Bios version 4102 and the mobo LED keep showing the 04 code. Anyone have any idea how to solve this matter?

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

Did you recently update your bios?

And do you get into OS with any problem?

ROG Member eius86 +10

bios already updated to 4102 version. no problem get in to my OS. only two things pch fan stop spinning and mobo led shows 04 code

ROG Member eius86 +10

downgrading my bios version to version 4004. now the PCH spin normally and no more 04 error code

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

What happened with the new bios is there was some changes to the threshold of the fan settings.

I also have gone back to the 4004

ROG Member eius86 +10

last time when i updated the bios version to 4102 the PCH fan monitor show 6000+ rpm after that it stop running and the mobo led shows the 04 error. hope that asus tech will fix that on the next bios version.

+ Reply to Thread