cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A G750JW-DB71 hardware question

Isobar
Level 7
Looking into grabbing this guy and had a few questions/concerns. I have been reading about some people complain about the 1tb 5400rpm hard drive being a major breaking point.
1. How many hard drive bays does it have?
2. How long is the power cord and where does it plug into the machine at? (Is it back, or side plug?)
3. How much bloatware comes pre-installed?
7 REPLIES 7

jsarver
Level 11
Maybe 5 feet
Side

jsarver wrote:
Maybe 5 feet
Side

Thanks... facing the monitor, is it on the left side, or right side?

Isobar wrote:
Thanks... facing the monitor, is it on the left side, or right side?

Sadly, as usual , on the right side.
G614JV

Clerbois
Level 7
Just for information, the SSD in a recent G75VX was a Kingston SSDNow V+200 256Gb. Not a bad one, but not the best.

The 1To disk was a Seagate Momentus SpinPoint M8 1 To. A good one... for a 5400rpm.

I guess it's the same for the G750?
I think buying a 1To G750 and adding a good SSD would be a good option, but it means to (link) move OS to SSD...

Isobar
Level 7
I do have a 120gb SSD I could throw in and use for my OS and game of the month, and use the 1tb drive for movies, music and storing steam games until I want to play them.

AntDX316
Level 7
You would think 5400rpm is slow but I've out loaded everyone on gaming servers multiple times. (Garry's mod and CS: GO on servers with a lot of people)

AntDX316
Level 7
My friends new Msi GT70 had way more bloatware than I had. Only bloatware I had was Norton Online I think.