cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not posting with a 00 code on a Rampage IV Extreme

Flamehead130
Level 7
Since last summer my computer has been running awesomely. This all came to a screeching halt the last month when I re installed my windows 7 professional to get rid of some junk, although I mistakenly installed a 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version. I was going to fix that problem this weekend, but my computer has been blue screening and then shutting off. Though after turning my computer off the other night now it will not post. The computer just shows a 00 code, a yellow bios1_led, and a red constant Ram LED.

My Specs are as follows:
MB - Asus Rampage IV Extreme
GPU - Asus GTX 480
CPU - Intel 3930K
RAM - 12GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 999015
HD 1 - OS on an OCZ Vertex 3
HD 2 - Storage HItachi 1TB 7200
SC- ASUS Xonar Essence ST
WC- XSPC 360mm Kit with a push/pull set up
PSU- Ultra LSP 75022161

I have already tried putting the ram in different slots/ configurations, changing the GPU location, doing a basic/ only essentials run, switching off the power supply for several min, unplugging the power on the board, and pressing the 2 bios button.

I am just out of ideas has anyone seen or been able to overcome this error before?
17 REPLIES 17

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, Flamehead130.

Remove your RAM and CPU. Disconect everything from the motherboard. Remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes. Put it back in after 5 minutes. Install your CPU and one stick of RAM in the DIMM_D1 slot. Connect the 24 pin and 8 pin power connectors. Power up your system with the Start button.

What do you see now? Same thing?

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried it but unfortunately the 00 error continues.

Chino
Level 15
Do you remember which BIOS you were running? And have you tried swapping the other sticks of RAM in the DIMM_D1 slot?

Flamehead130
Level 7
Yep, tried the different RAM and I am not 100% sure but I believe that I was running one of the newest bios programs.

Chino
Level 15
1. Download the 3602 BIOS from Asus website.
2. Format a USB pendrive to FAT32.
3. Extract the BIOS file and rename the file to R4E.CAP.
4. Put the BIOS file on your USB pendrive.
5. Connect the USB pendrive to the white usb port.
6. Press the USB BIOS Flashback button/ROG Connect button for three seconds till the LED begins to blink, then release.
7. Wait till the LED stops blinking.
8. Power on your system using the Start button.

Any progress?

Ok, I have been trying to hold the button for 3 seconds with the usb in the white slot. But I can hold it for a min. and it will still not start blinking.

Chino
Level 15

I tried both with no luck.

Chino
Level 15
Go to the RIVE download page and please download the Rampage IV Extreme CAP Converter. Follow the same steps above. Except this time, instead of naming it R4E.CAP name it R4E.ROM. And continue with the procedure. Let me know what your result is.

Also, do you have a spare PSU, CPU or set of RAM nearby?