cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silly Question--How to enter BIOS G750JW

Lionol
Level 7
What key to press to enter bios. Trying f2, escape, f10 no luck. Please and thanks for reply
14 REPLIES 14

Lionol
Level 7
Its esc gotta be hitting it with the quickness b4 ROG screen comes up---why they gotta change the key to enter the bios thru different generations of laptops. F2 was working pretty good i thought. Haha.

z3540
Level 7
The easiest way, IMHO, is to bring the charms bar up and go to Settings>Power>Restart+Shift>Troubleshoot>Advanced options>UEFI Firmware Settings>Restart. Once you click restart, BIOS will appear. The trick here is to press Restart AND Shift at the same time.

It's that darn UEFI that changed how to get into BIOS.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
You cannot enter BIOS from a cold boot, i've read this a couple times now here in the Forums. Restart once you've gotten your laptop booted up and spam press f2 and it should work...that or the esc key, you should be good to go 🙂

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
You cannot enter BIOS from a cold boot, i've read this a couple times now here in the Forums. Restart once you've gotten your laptop booted up and spam press f2 and it should work...that or the esc key, you should be good to go 🙂

I couldn't figure out why F2 wasn't working for me. Tried other keys, everything I could find.

"You cannot enter BIOS from a cold boot"

First time I had read that. Not sure why this is but it solved my problem. I was shutting down each time before trying.

THANKS!

rewben
Level 13
i guess restart and spam f2 or esc key should work for you.

jsarver
Level 11
It's restart and esc. Not f2.

jsarver wrote:
It's restart and esc. Not f2.

Awesome thanks!! +1

oh ok nice 🙂

F2 works too, on restart.