cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero: Memory, the QVL... Help?

Badger
Level 7
Hi guys,

To be brief, I'm simply trying to find some overclockable CAS 9, G.Skill Trident X in the size I want (2x8) but every matched pair I can buy with those specs is nowhere to be found in the Maximus VI Hero Qualified Vendor List for memory.

I can find plenty of 2x4, 4x4, 4x8 and CAS 11 configs in the QVL, but nothing for 2x8 1866, 2133, or even 2400 Trident X with CAS 9 or better timings.

The QVL hasn't been updated since 6/2, and the RAM listing seems short and completely random to me. (No Mushkin? At all?) Is it possible that the QVL isn't complete at this point, and my RAM choice might be added at a later date?

It's G.Skill, can I just ignore the QVL and buy the RAM sticks I want and not worry about it for now?

I don't plan an overclocking memory much, and only after I find a nice stable CPU clock that can handle it, but I do want to keep memory latency down. Do you guys have any suggestions, or corrections? Expert assistance requested. 🙂

I'm even open to other RAM choices provided they're a) high quality b) ROG red c) not Dominator Platinum expensive. Thanks in advance!

~Badger
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
My friend you will not have an issue with those Gskill sticks.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Awesome. I thought so, but a couple of articles I read made me second guess myself. Thanks HiViz.

HiVizMan
Level 40
No stress buddy, post back how it goes when you get them yeah.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.