cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G51Vx Overview

Retired
Not applicable
The G51Vx-A1 is a powerful gaming notebook that has enough power to run many of the games on the market today and can be used as a desktop replacement but still small enough to be portable. The major upgrade on this unit when compared to the G50Vt is the introduction of the Intel Q9000 2.0GHZ quad core CPU along with the GTX260m GPU. This was also the first G series to feature back-lit chic let keyboard and a grip palm rest that many gamers have come to love. The screen size has also adapted a 15.6inch full HD 1920x1080 LED display with a 16:9 ratio format.

The front cover has a pretty cool looking alien design with blue gaming side lights and an ROG emblem that lights up in the center.

This was the first G Series to features the slick back lit chic-let keyboard and grip palm rest.

Brushed Aluminum Track pad

Altec Lansing speakers + 2.0MP camera

WIFI/Bluetooth - on/off switch

1x USB2.0, Ethernet, Dummy modem port, power, Kensington Lock, and 6cell battery. (9 cell batter is optional)

On the left you have a VGA out, Exhaust fan, USB 2.0, TV ant dummy plug, firewire port, E-Sata port, HDMI port, memory card slot.

On the right you have mic in, 1 headphone out, 1 SPDIF out, 2x USB2.0 ports, DVDRW Super Multi optical drive (optional Blu ray drive is available)

and beneath the notebook is the cover for G51Vx designed to naturally suck in air and exhaust out the side. It is also designed for users to easily take the panel off with 12 screws and upgrade any hardware needed such as memory, hard drive, and even for the extreme techies - CPU.

The Guts of the G51Vx

Spec list:
Product Features

* 2.0GHz Intel Q9000 Core2Quad Processor
* 4GB of DDR2 RAM 800MHZ, 2 slots, 4GB Max
* 640GB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM) dual hard drive support, DVD SuperMulti Drive
* 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlight, NVidia GTX 260M Graphics with 1GB DDR3 VRAM
* Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit), Gaming Backpack and Gaming Mouse Included
* Size (LWH): 14.6 inches, 10.3 inches, 1.6 inches
* Weight: 7.26 pounds
*Mobile Intel® PM45
*8 in 1 card reader, SD,MMC,MS,MS-Pro,xD,Smart Media,mini SD w/ adapter,MS-Duo
*Integrated 802.11b/g/n, Built-in Bluetooth™ V2.1+EDR
*ASUS 360: 2-year Global warranty
*ASUS ADW: 1 year Accidental Damage Warranty
*30-Day Zero Bright Dot
*2-way FREE shipping
*24-7 tech support

more to come...
2 REPLIES 2

Angween
Level 7
Hello,

I want to put a new thermal paste on my G51VX-RX05, its almost the same with this. Done with CPU but not the GPU/VGA. My GPU temperatures degree very hot, about 86ºc on idling, and will over 100º when playing game for just 5-10 minutes.

How can i take off the headsink under the CPU fan? Is that where the GPU is, if im not mistaken?

Thank you.

Retired
Not applicable
you need to take off the cpu heatsink, the fan, and the the gpu heatsink. but the GPU should have a thermal pad, not direct contact. if you decide to open it up and it has a thermal pad, i would leave that there as there will be a gap if you apply thermal paste. but if your gpu is overheating, its most likely your fan and heatsink. i would blow the dust out.