cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar DX -> DTS Sound -> Denon AVR-3313

inFormal
Level 7
Good evening ROG members,

I am connecting my audio card : Asus Xonar DX : to my Denon AVR-3313 (my 1st avr) - using a C2G 27016 Velocity Toslink-to-Optical Mini Plug Digital Cable - bought from amazon.com

I have setup my Xonar to automatically to switch to the number of channels applications need (for the times when i run DTS HD movies)

I have setup the Xonar Audio Center to 6 channels

So far so good... right ???

Well... the problem is... according to my Denon user's manual : my DTS indicator should appear (when running DTS movies)
Just like this :

But i only get this ... which i know that is only Stereo Mode (aka: 2 channels)

What am i doing wrong ???

PS. When i run an audio test from the xonar audio center - i hear only the front speakers... or none at all.
5 REPLIES 5

Praz
Level 13
The second display shows the 3313 is recieving PCM which means the Xonar is decoding the DTS signal. DTS will not show unless the 3313 is doing the decoding. Also Dolby/DTS HD cannot be be sent over optical because of bandwidth limitations.

inFormal
Level 7
I m back... and i have good news.

According to Praz - The Xonar was decoding the signal so...
I figured since the Xonar was doing all the job -> i need to reset everything (back to 2.0 stereo) AND set the output settings of movie player from System Default to SPDIF output.

My (hd) movie player is Splash Pro EX... and after having done the earlier setting - the damn thing (the avr) displays the "dts" logo.
I have tested also MPC and VLC... but they don t seem to work (no dts logo displayed on the avr)

So... problem solved (after 1 hour here.... and nearly 1 week on avforums)

Thanks Praz.

PS. Keep the thread opened in case i have another (noobish) question.

Praz
Level 13
Glad you got it sorted and you're welcome. 🙂

hey guys,

i was wondering : is there any audio quality issue if i use at the same time the regular output (spdif) and the front audio jack ?

i found that i can enable them by using this setting :
analog out -> fp headphone
spdif out -> pcm (checked)

thank you 😉

PS. fp = front panel (yes, the fp audio connector is plugged to the xonar -> item #6)

Hi Praz, was wondering if you could help me out as well, couldn't send you a private message 😞
Started a new thread : http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48258-Xonar-DX-gt-DTS-Sound-gt-Decoderstation3-Teufel&count...