+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: G74SX trackpad

New ROGer Rijaca +10

G74SX trackpad

Keyboard/mousepad issues. All the function keys work except the trackpad Fn. Also it is impossible to type without touching the mousepad, the delay isn't working. I'm running version 1.0.0010 of the ATK and synaptics version 15.2.16.1

TeamROG Notebook Member Chastity@ASUS +10 Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

Beta BIOS in the works... please stand by.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

ROG Member climo +10

Quote Originally Posted by Rijaca View Post
    Keyboard/mousepad issues. All the function keys work except the trackpad Fn. Also it is impossible to type without touching the mousepad, the delay isn't working. I'm running version 1.0.0010 of the ATK and synaptics version 15.2.16.1
    If you installed the Synaptics driver then you used the wrong one. The G74SX uses the Sentelic Touchpad and according to the G74 driver page is version 9.1.3.5. Try that one see if it helps.

New ROGer krackemx +10

asus g74sx touchpad issues

Hi, I have some problems with the touchpad on this laptop, first, its literally ****, the thermal sensitivity on this pad is so high that if i get even a tiny bit of oil from my fingertips that it renders the entire functionality of it useless, i have to wipe it, and my fingers down thoroughly before continuing to use it, this is the first touchpad that i have delt with that is not a snaptics, instead its syntellic, and i have nothing but problems with it

New ROGer teammate +10

i'm having the same problem with it. though for me wiping down everything doesnt seem to help. is it just a stupid design or could it be defective? the tray icon keeps flicking as if i touch and untouch the trackpad (milliseconds in between) and randomly says i'm using two fingers. this is crazy

New ROGer wildnut +10

I was very frustrated with the G74 touchpad. I thought that I'd bought a very nice laptop with a keyboard/mouse that was totally screwed up. The mouse would jump all over the place, etc. What I found out, however, is that the touchpad driver was screwed up and therefore I could not properly configure the touchpad. My G74 uses the Sentinel driver. To see if that is your problem, go to Control Panel, Mouse, Finger Sensing Pad and then Configure. If the Configure doesn't open (as mine would not), then you need to uninstall and reinstall the latest Sentinel driver until the Configure button does open. Once you're into the Configuration, go to Enable/Disable Touchpad and choose to Disable Touchpad while Typing. Additionally, expand the + to the left of Typing Detection and change the Reactivation Time to something like 1.5 seconds. This tells the touchpad to stay disabled until you've stopped typing for 1.5 seconds. Choose a longer/shorter time depending upon what you want. I personally also went to On Pad Functions and also disabled On Pad Click - but I may re-enable it later. Then, of course, click Ok

This has solved my problem with the sporadic, frustrating and disappointing Touchpad issues and I hope that it will resolve yours as well.

New ROGer TommyGun +10

I purchased the G74SX from Best Buy about a week ago and love it. Unlike the average purchaser, my primary use is for work: specifically for hosting multiple SQL Server instances (which is why I upgraded to 16 GB RAM).

The only problems I am having are with the touchpad and keyboard. The keyboard doesn't seem to respond to every keypress. It appears intermittent because it doesn't directly correlate with typing speed or (apparently) anything else, although it does seem worse with the delete key.

For the touchpad, my biggest grief at the moment is that the feature to disable if a USB mouse is connected seems to be temporary. After awhile (maybe an hour or so), the touchpad starts working again even though the mouse is still connected. I've tried a wired mouse, a new wireless one and a trackball, and I had the same problem with all 3.

Any thoughts?

I am running the latest version (9.1.3.5) of the touchpad driver.

ROG Guru: Black Belt JRd1st +20 JRd1st's Avatar

There's a sticky about this. Before you flash that BIOS, do some reading about how - http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...e-%28SOLVED%29
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

New ROGer asieral +10

I have just purchased the G74sx. I do not do gaming, but i liked the other aspecs of this, my first laptop. My first 5 min on I found out i am too clumsy for the touch pad so i added a mouse. A box came up that said i could disable the touchpad when a mouse is detected. !!! yeah my problem solved. But not really, this only lasted about 5 days, now i have both on, my clumsy hands are pressing i dont know what, and when i look up the mouse in the control panel i get an error message that it cannot connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. Says if i have installed another one to please uninstall. Being pretty computer illeritate, i closed the box and started looking for a plain talk answer to this problem. No luck is there anyone with any thoughts?
    thanks

TeamROG Notebook Member Chastity@ASUS +10 Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

Well, first, let's remove the USB mouse, and reboot. Is the Synaptic pad working again? If so, you should be able to toggle on/off with FN+F9. Verifying that works, then go ahead and uncheck that box for autodetecting the mouse.

Or you can upgrade to 15.3.17.0

http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).exe
    Kicking Ass Since Today

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast