cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX trackpad

Retired
Not applicable
Keyboard/mousepad issues. All the function keys work except the trackpad Fn. Also it is impossible to type without touching the mousepad, the delay isn't working. I'm running version 1.0.0010 of the ATK and synaptics version 15.2.16.1
109 REPLIES 109

Chastity
Level 10
Beta BIOS in the works... please stand by.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

climo
Level 7
Rijaca wrote:
Keyboard/mousepad issues. All the function keys work except the trackpad Fn. Also it is impossible to type without touching the mousepad, the delay isn't working. I'm running version 1.0.0010 of the ATK and synaptics version 15.2.16.1

If you installed the Synaptics driver then you used the wrong one. The G74SX uses the Sentelic Touchpad and according to the G74 driver page is version 9.1.3.5. Try that one see if it helps.

Retired
Not applicable
Hi, I have some problems with the touchpad on this laptop, first, its literally shit, the thermal sensitivity on this pad is so high that if i get even a tiny bit of oil from my fingertips that it renders the entire functionality of it useless, i have to wipe it, and my fingers down thoroughly before continuing to use it, this is the first touchpad that i have delt with that is not a snaptics, instead its syntellic, and i have nothing but problems with it

Retired
Not applicable
i'm having the same problem with it. though for me wiping down everything doesnt seem to help. is it just a stupid design or could it be defective? the tray icon keeps flicking as if i touch and untouch the trackpad (milliseconds in between) and randomly says i'm using two fingers. this is crazy

Retired
Not applicable
it came with the synaptics driver installed, windows system identifies the hardware as synaptics, and the synaptics driver update from asus installed without a hitch (which drivers for the wrong hardware don't tend to do). So, if it's not a synaptics unit, it's doing a real good job of acting like one.

Did somebody tell you you didn't have a Synaptics unit? :confused:

Both types were used in the G74SX.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

greggd wrote:
it came with the synaptics driver installed, windows system identifies the hardware as synaptics, and the synaptics driver update from asus installed without a hitch (which drivers for the wrong hardware don't tend to do). So, if it's not a synaptics unit, it's doing a real good job of acting like one.

What driver version is currently installed?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Retired
Not applicable
Updated to 15.3.17.0; it's better but not fixed. The cursor still takes occasional hikes, and morphs into a zoom control that's hard to get rid of.

greggd wrote:
Updated to 15.3.17.0; it's better but not fixed. The cursor still takes occasional hikes, and morphs into a zoom control that's hard to get rid of.

Interested in sending the laptop to me so I can fix it? If so, PM me your serial number and name, address, phone, and email and I can setup that RMA.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]