cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Internet keeps disconnecting and spiking

PStyle
Level 7
I recently bought an ASUS S56C-DH51 laptop that has an Atheros AR9485 wireless adapter. My internet connection has been disconnecting every few minutes or spiking to 1000+ ping. I ran Netalyzer, and the results came back saying that my Network bandwidth may be low, my Network packet buffering may be excessive, and my packet loss is high. I have ran this test many times, and these results only show up sometimes; other times, the results come back with no problems. I have tried updating and re-installing my wireless adapter driver many times, but I am still having problems. I do not have any problems on ethernet, but it is inconvenient for me. I tried using a different laptop at the same location, and the other laptop had no problems, while my Asus laptop was spiking crazily. Can someone help me figure out what the problem is?
1 REPLY 1

cowbordel
Level 7
you can may try to disable the power management features of the wireless card itself.
i have the same issue myslef on an usb card, tried everything still not solved, but this solution can help you.

you can also set the wireless preference to "maximum performance" in the power management settings in windows panel.
--double check on website for your wireless drivers.

you can also open the bottom of the netbook to "re seat" the wireless module.
CASE LianLi PC V2000 MOBO Maximus V Gene CPU i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz RAM Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 (4x4GB) CPU COOLER Corsair H80i SSD Intel C330 Serie 120Gb HDD 2Tb Seagate 5400Rpm PSU Silverstone OP1000 GPU EVGA GTX780 3gb GDDR5 HEADSET Corsair Vengeance 2000 7.1 OS Win 7 Pro 64 bits 😛