+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosshair V Formula Easy Memory Setup Guide

Not to be taken seriously Raja@ASUS has disabled reputation Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Crosshair V Formula Easy Memory Setup Guide

If using 4GB DIMMs the following setup is recommended as a starting point:

Enter UEFI and navigate to the AI Tweaker section:

Enter the DRAM Timing section:

Set the highlighted DRAM Timings manually to the values shown:

Navigate back the the AI Tweaker screen and scroll down to find the following highlighted voltages and set them manually to the values shown:

Save and exit UEFI, and you're good to go

ROG Enthusiast ahlot18 +10 ahlot18's Avatar

what if im using 8gb mem. do i need to follow your recommended setup?..I mean the voltages

sorry im noob of this

Not to be taken seriously Raja@ASUS has disabled reputation Raja@ASUS's Avatar

DRAM Voltage, use what the DIMMs need.

Other settings use as shown. CPU/NB Voltage depends on CPU, 1.20V is average.

ROG Member goncel +10

hi raja, kindly briefly explain on why dram write to write timing needed to be at 5? thanks!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Mummy +10

Thanks for info, i have ordered this board to my next system, so it will help my setup. Big thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by goncel View Post
    hi raja, kindly briefly explain on why dram write to write timing needed to be at 5? thanks!
    Im wondering that too. So precise numper, donst used memory have anything to say about that value?
    sry my bad English :/

The above shows READ To READ to be set to 5 and the attatched thumbnail show WRITE To WRITE to be set to 5 but in either picture the other is not set could you advise please do i need both to be set to 5 or just one and if so which?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt EVIL_CONSERVATIVE 0 EVIL_CONSERVATIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShavedApe View Post
    The above shows READ To READ to be set to 5 and the attatched thumbnail show WRITE To WRITE to be set to 5 but in either picture the other is not set could you advise please do i need both to be set to 5 or just one and if so which?
    From what I have been experiencing with this mechanical A## H@l3 neither works NOTHING WORKS ! I'm really considering boxing it all up tomorrow sending it back and buying an Intel system that WILL work

Im currently working on 16gb 1600 but there are no guarantees that its stable as I really havent tested it I would like to confirm the above settings before I run any tests.

*edit* I found the answer I think in this thread http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...e-Overclocking

Hopefully it will work and I will have no more issues i was running 3 sticks totalling 12 gb at 1600 no problem but definately had stability issues when using 16 but now we will see running prime95 now

Read To Read is the important setting. Changing Write to Write will not hurt but is not usually needed.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Jaytheredneck1 +10

Im currently working on 16gb 1600 but there are no guarantees that its stable as I really havent tested it I would like to confirm the above settings before I run any tests.

*edit* I found the answer I think in this thread http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...e-Overclocking

Hopefully it will work and I will have no more issues i was running 3 sticks totalling 12 gb at 1600 no problem but definately had stability issues when using 16 but now we will see running prime95 now
    If you are successful, post specs and settings. if you are running similar ram to mine I'd like to know what settings gets you stable.

Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast