cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got Nvidia Drivers 320.49 working on my g750 with 770m GPU

TX2000
Level 8
after a couples of failures i got it to work. i modified the official nvidia inf so it recognize my video-card.
and after that i had to reboot the computer with the driver signature off.

and you can change the name of the card in the device manager with whatever you want
53 REPLIES 53

Paske
Level 7
Mind sharing info to the rest of us as to how did you change inf file ?

What parts, changed to what - etc.

TX2000
Level 8
ill attach the inf in dropbox and share the link in a bit . i cant upload it in here 😞

TX2000
Level 8
ok here is the file https://www.dropbox.com/s/kv4qlp7n60wa1mv/nvwin.inf

1. download the 770m driver from the official nvidia site
2. extract the folder somewhere you can find it later
3. replace the file that is in the Display.Driver folder
4. if you want to change the name from what i put in there, edit the file with notepad and at the end of the document edit this

5. restart your machine and disable driver signature. if you don't do this it wont install.
6. install
7. HAPPY GAMING!

oh and BTW DON'T BREAK YOUR MACHINE I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!

Do you know where I could find the hardware ID's for the 765M?? I have this much:

%NVIDIA_DEV.11E1% = Section101, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E1

Don't know about the last two strings shown 😕 help!

EDIT: Nvm, found it. its "NVIDIA_DEV.11E2.119D.1043 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M" however, I can't get it to work.
I disabled the driver sig check and added that ^ to the inf you supplied and the nvwin.inf 😞
Asus G750JW-DB71

roryh86
Level 7
You can always download any recent .INF file from LaptopVideo2Go, like the one from here, that has all the device and hardware IDs, to install any latest GeForce driver. You still have to do the Disabling Signature restart mode though to install. I don't know how recommend doing this is though, although its good for latest game compatibility obviously.

TX2000, I noticed though that you edited the nvszcn.inf instead of nvwin.inf? Odd, I usually know its the nvwin.inf.

TX2000
Level 8
i think they read all the inf looking for the correct board i am not sure about that. and i found a bug my brightness doesnt work 😕 . more tinkering.

also x70xchallenger x i will try to add your card and update the inf\\\i need this info from the 765m to add the entry

TX2000, ditto on not working for the 765m, updating the .inf file(s) with:

NVIDIA_DEV.11E2.119D.1043 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M"

I got the 320.49 from the nvidia notbook site, this is the download name:
320.49-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

Did you use a different download?

hmscott wrote:
TX2000, ditto on not working for the 765m, updating the .inf file(s) with:

NVIDIA_DEV.11E2.119D.1043 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M"

I got the 320.49 from the nvidia notbook site, this is the download name:
320.49-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

Did you use a different download?

Guys you don't need to modify anything. Just download the already modified .INF (nvwin.inf) file from LaptopVideo2Go and replace it in "Display.Driver" folder in NVIDIA install directory. Been using this method since I got the laptop and no problems or brightness problems. You don't even have to add hardware IDs or anything, just replace the file, and install with Signature Driver disabled. Mine is 765M. Attached the .INF file for those too lazy 😛

roryh86, thanks but already got 320.49 working using the nvwin.inf file from TX2000 post #10 in this thread. It has edits for 765m and 770m. See my other posts #19, #20 for results.

roryh86 wrote:
Guys you don't need to modify anything. Just download the already modified .INF (nvwin.inf) file from LaptopVideo2Go and replace it in "Display.Driver" folder in NVIDIA install directory. Been using this method since I got the laptop and no problems or brightness problems. You don't even have to add hardware IDs or anything, just replace the file, and install with Signature Driver disabled. Mine is 765M. Attached the .INF file for those too lazy 😛