cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My CG 8480 fan problem

Djkal
Level 7
My chassis fan 1 keep spinning full throttle 280 rpm,, i tried everything softwarewise (bios update flashback to older version, ai suite II software) and came to conclusion that my fan is defective but it s working lol. Do you guys can tell me a better fan i could use ? so send me models please that is better than this one . thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

Chino
Level 15

Djkal
Level 7
Have you tried looking for them under the Fan Control section and changing the setting to Silent?

Specify software you are talking about and version it all matters, believe me. i did evertthing in bios and asus suite II, asus suite II has many versions.

Chino
Level 15

Bios no silent mode? in advanced mode ? easy mode there is 3 options 1-power saving 2-normal 3- asus optimal ,, i dont see silent mode anywhere? where it is can you help me?

Chino
Level 15
Make sure your in advanced mode.

Click the Monitor tab. Look for the fan you want to configure (Chassis 1, 2 or 3). Select Fan Profile and choose the one you're most comfortable with.

ok if i disabled the cpu fan controlled it s going to spin full speed so it works if i enable it , it will be controlled ,,, but my chassis fan 1 does not react to any changes so my guess would be the fans is defective? Or the motherboard ?

Djkal
Level 7
the option i have is Q fan control chassis fan 1 enabled or disabled
and ther is chasis fan speed option monitor or ignore and none of these option does something or change something

Chino
Level 15

Djkal
Level 7
the bios says cg8480 version 501