cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking on Maximus hero

Dentix
Level 7
Hi, I have some problem with overclocking my i7-4770k running on maximus hero. I have gotten it running at 4.6ghz but i have to use 1.3 core voltage, that is probably too high. I have only adjusted the multiplier and core voltage, is there some more stuff i should adjust?
13 REPLIES 13

Praz
Level 13
If the system is really stable at that speed and voltage that is lower voltage than most need for that speed.

Praz wrote:
If the system is really stable at that speed and voltage that is lower voltage than most need for that speed.

I'd love to even reach 4.6GHz, most I can get is 4.3 at 1.375 volts. way to hot for my cooler. Maybe my wife has heard me complain about it and will get me a good one lol. (Not holding my breath)
Corsair 200R
Intel i5 4670k
Corsair H75
Maximus Hero
8GB G.Skill RipJaws (1600Mhz)
EVGA GTX 760 SC
Seagate 240GB SSD
WD 750GB Storage Drive
EVGA NEX 750 Gold PSU
Windows 7 64bit

HiVizMan
Level 40
There are many many folks who would love to have that voltage on that clock mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hello. My Name's Jon. I just recently built my first rig two months ago so I'm very new at all this. I have a quick question about the Maximus vi hero and ai suite 3. I'm running a 4770k on this board and was wanting OC it. After going onto ai suite 3 and looking at the core speed I noticed it never go's down. Is there a setting to make the voltage and frequency lower at idle? or does it stay the same all the time. Just wanted to check before I OC. That way its not at 1.25 or 1.3 volts @ idle after I OC. Thanks for your time.

Praz
Level 13
superjonbon wrote:
Is there a setting to make the voltage and frequency lower at idle? or does it stay the same all the time.

Change the Windows power plan back to the default setting of balanced instead of high performance.

Hey Praz. Thank you for the advice. It worked like a charm.

superjonbon
Level 7
The OS is Windows 8.1. Thanks I'll give it a try.

Praz
Level 13
Good to hear and you're welcome. 🙂

superjonbon
Level 7
When making manual changes in the bios for over clocking; does the changes apply to the ai suite 3 program as well? I know this is true the other way around. Also... If I were to use the ai suite 3 to overclock the system, does the ai suite 3 change and tune the ram (Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB DDR3 2400) with the xmp profile automatically?