cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75 with 144hz monitor. Are they compatable?

bagofwiggins
Level 7
Hello friends

I've been looking for a monitor for gaming purposes and have decided to go with the ASUS VG248QE 144hz monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313

My research has led me to the conclusion that this monitor ships with and requires a DVI-D connection to take advantage of the full 144hz capability. seeing that my computer does not have a DVI-D connection I will have to buy a dongle that changes the DVI-D connection to hdmi, mini display, or vga.

Two questions really..

1. Can my notebook still take advantage of the capabilities of this monitor?

2. If so which connector would be best for using said monitor.
DVI-D to HDMI, mini display, or VGA
7 REPLIES 7

PadiG75VX
Level 8
My Asus G75VX is connected to the ASUS VG248QE with DisplayPort cable. Running 1920 x 1080 at 144HZ 🙂

bagofwiggins
Level 7
Thank you for the quick response!

Just to be safe, I assume my G75VW won't have an issue because it is 3D ready. Correct?

alpinestar
Level 7
I think anything above 120hz is 3d ready

PadiG75VX
Level 8
Yes, running 3D at 120Hz.....

Let me re phrase. Can my G75vw (the one with the 60hz screen) output a 144hz signal?

Also what type of adapter are you using? Male mini display to female dual link dvi+the included dual link dvi? Or would a full length male mini display to male dual link be the way to go? I'm really not interested in the 3d aspect of the monitor. Just the ability to display 144fps of my games.

Thanks for the help.

PadiG75VX
Level 8
Yes, 60Hz G75VX works at 144Hz with external monitor, using Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter Cable,
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX28230

_COSMO_
Level 7
Did this work????

I can't get a straight answer. I have the ASUS G75VX and the ASUS VG248QE

This is what was listed below in the comments.

Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter Cable, 6ft.
G75VX
Nvidia Geforce GTX 670mx
ASUS vg248qe
16 GB ram
1 TB 6400 R SATA 2.5
Windows 8
Saitek Throttle and Joy Stick
Saitek Combat Pedals
Track IR 5