cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 - TouchPad acting up

Slavisha
Level 10
Hello guys...
I just got the Asus g750 few days ago and noticed something interesting on this machine and wonder if you have find this out to be case with your machine. My machine works perfect with no issues, however if i place lap top on glass table, and try to work using touch pad instead of mouse, the cursor is out of the control, jumping opening the menu etc. As soon as i place desktop over solid not transparent structure it works perfect. Today i placed lap top over my bad which has 2ft of memory foam, and its acting the same as over the glass desk. Now when i put the lap top in my lap works perfectly normal.
To be honest this is not a big of the issue but being Astrophysics major it make me wonder what is different with this touchpad? In order for touch pad to behave this way there must be the way touchpad sending some sort of rays of signal down which reflects of the surface and gets back absorbed in the touchpad again.
In physics we use numerous things beside sound to determine what kind of structure is below us and im just wondering if someone knows how this touch pad functioning and can this thing be potential be dangerous. I mean i am holding my lap top on my lap... planing to have kids one day. 🙂
Any idea?
46 REPLIES 46

sezer
Level 7
Touchpad is jumping, clicking on right left buttons while just moving the cursor. THIS IS NOT SUCH A WEIRD THING THAT YOU DESCRIBED.

It happened to me both plugged in and unplugged. I have all windows updates and i just did a firmware upgrade which didn't change anything.

Any other people having this issue? I hope I won't need to send it to repair because of this.

sezer wrote:
Touchpad is jumping, clicking on right left buttons while just moving the cursor. THIS IS NOT SUCH A WEIRD THING THAT YOU DESCRIBED.

It happened to me both plugged in and unplugged. I have all windows updates and i just did a firmware upgrade which didn't change anything.

Any other people having this issue? I hope I won't need to send it to repair because of this.

WHen ASUS will repair this?

I'm having the trackpad issue, I have a surge protector with a ground light (please note I've done some research on GFCI's and adding an actual ground into a non grounded outlet (GFCI isn't sufficient)
Please note that no matter where you live you can add a ground by first go and buy a nice grounded outlet then while installing it if you don't have a ground wire, run a wire from the new outlet to the ground (the actual ground (dirt) not really though just something metal that is already grounded (you'll have to make sure it's actually grounded)
I never have the issue on battery.
I had the issue on a non grounded plug.
Now I'm having the issues on a grounded plug (confirmed by my ground tester)

Is something inside the power supply touching something else? (metal on metal or unshielded wire)
Is the trackpad touching the chassis or a wire or something? Maybe the screw that holds it is connecting it to something?
Both?
Has the issue been addressed?
A new revision of the AC adapter maybe?
If I disassemble and attempt to re-engineer this where should I look for improper contact?

sezer
Level 7
I even removed driver and didn't help. I also saw the same jumping problem on ubuntu, which makes me fear something in hardware is not working fine.
Is ASUS support aware of this issue?

Myroslav
Level 7
In this thread i described my experience with it:

Myroslav wrote:
I have had this issue with Asus N76VZ. There might be grounding issue. Also if you put your other hand on the laptop, it will work fine. It was annoying.

Just try having your other hand touch the laptop while on the desk. If it stops jittering, you have same issue i had.
G750JW: i7-4700HQ, 12GB DDR3L 1600MHz, GTX765M 2GB GDDR5, OZC Vertex 4 256GB+Hitachi HTS727575A

Stupid
Level 7
I Have this same problem, randomly when I try to use the touch pad the mouse goes crazy jumping all over the place opening things, closing things, deleting things, moving files, ect., but you are correct if I put my other hand on the computer the problem disappears immediately but as soon as I remove my hand it re appears. The model does not seem to matter I bought one of the cheep G750JW models form best buy, I had the problem with it, I only had it for about a week and a half before I returned it and bought This G750JW while they look to be similar at a glance they are entirely different machines the screen is different the raid vs the empty hard drive slot the video card upgrade the cooling system is difference the lower half of the case is different the total height is about a half of an inch different, If you can save your money and buy the jh as opposed as to the jw or jx and of coarse does any one have an actual solution or repair to fix the problem as I can place the other hand on the computer while I use the touch pad but I would rather just fix or repair the problem, if you buy any of the G750 the fist thing I recommend is that you replace the old fashioned hard drive with a solid state hard drive noticeably improves speed and efficiency, most noticeable when your are running on battery power. So if any one has a real fix I would be excited to hear about it as it seems to be a common, almost standard problem.

hozer
Level 7
I had the same problem so what I did was disable the touchpad and use a wireless mouse. Problem Solved! It's a shame you spend all this money for a G750 and you have to mickey mouse it to make it work!!!

Asus's Best Friend ---------> Mickey Mouse!

Hozer - A Windows 8 Hater!

As I said before I had a G750JW and now have a G750JH and they both have this mouse problem where the touch pad can be erratic randomly but if I place my other hand on the metal surface of the key board the problem disappears immediately and reappears immediately if I remove my other hand but this behavior is random, some times if I move the computer the problem will disappear for a little while. I even tried paying attention and when I am working out side in temperatures of 10 degrees Fahrenheit, -12 degrees Celsius , or 122 degrees Fahrenheit, 50 degrees Celsius, it does not change any thing. I have a remote mouse but it is inconvient as I am not a gamer, I justified the computer as I work with repair an construction that is sourced from 3D cad images, so most of my time is on a job site where if I can find a place to put my computer I am doing good, much less find a place to use a external mouse, so I find the need for an external mouse to be as annoying as the failure of the manufacturer to install full functioning components in a computer of this level. I called ASUS support and went through the routine with the representative, of restoring the system to factory settings, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, trying to update the driver. In my opinion it is clearly not a software issue it is a hardware problem. The representative indicated that she saw no history of this problem, but recommended that I send it in for service. My thought is that even if they are able to replicate the problem they don't have a fix for it yet, and may not have a fix for it ever as most of the people buying these computers are using them for gaming so they rarely use the touch pad, they use their own external mouse so the demand for the fix may not be enough for ASUS to care enough to find a fix. I can't find a phone number that will allow me to talk to a service technician who works on these regularly. So for now I will just have to tolerate it, in a few days my new wireless card will be here and when I install it I also will install my new ram on the top side of the mother board and check the connection for the mouse to make sure it is not just a connection issue, but doubtful as every one of these computers I have seen or talked to someone about whither it be the G750JW, G750JX, or the G750JW they all have this mouse problem and from the comments on here it spans farther than that so until there is a confirmed fix I don't have time to send my computer to them and let them say it is just like all the others that there is no real fix for just a band aid cover up, known as an external mouse. If any one finds a permanent fix please post it, thanks.

Stupid wrote:
As I said before I had a G750JW and now have a G750JH and they both have this mouse problem where the touch pad can be erratic randomly but if I place my other hand on the metal surface of the key board the problem disappears immediately and reappears immediately if I remove my other hand but this behavior is random, some times if I move the computer the problem will disappear for a little while. I even tried paying attention and when I am working out side in temperatures of 10 degrees Fahrenheit, -12 degrees Celsius , or 122 degrees Fahrenheit, 50 degrees Celsius, it does not change any thing. I have a remote mouse but it is inconvient as I am not a gamer, I justified the computer as I work with repair an construction that is sourced from 3D cad images, so most of my time is on a job site where if I can find a place to put my computer I am doing good, much less find a place to use a external mouse, so I find the need for an external mouse to be as annoying as the failure of the manufacturer to install full functioning components in a computer of this level. I called ASUS support and went through the routine with the representative, of restoring the system to factory settings, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, trying to update the driver. In my opinion it is clearly not a software issue it is a hardware problem. The representative indicated that she saw no history of this problem, but recommended that I send it in for service. My thought is that even if they are able to replicate the problem they don't have a fix for it yet, and may not have a fix for it ever as most of the people buying these computers are using them for gaming so they rarely use the touch pad, they use their own external mouse so the demand for the fix may not be enough for ASUS to care enough to find a fix. I can't find a phone number that will allow me to talk to a service technician who works on these regularly. So for now I will just have to tolerate it, in a few days my new wireless card will be here and when I install it I also will install my new ram on the top side of the mother board and check the connection for the mouse to make sure it is not just a connection issue, but doubtful as every one of these computers I have seen or talked to someone about whither it be the G750JW, G750JX, or the G750JW they all have this mouse problem and from the comments on here it spans farther than that so until there is a confirmed fix I don't have time to send my computer to them and let them say it is just like all the others that there is no real fix for just a band aid cover up, known as an external mouse. If any one finds a permanent fix please post it, thanks.

We've sold the G750 to a few contractors who use the laptop for CAD, Medical Imaging and etc.

I've seen this issue on every G750 sold including my own that I recently purchased. It doesn't happen as often as it does to you, but it still occurs.

I think it's similar to the G74 taping issues.

When I get a moment to disassemble my laptop I'll see if I can come up with a simple fix.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com