cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible artifacts on Matrix Platinum

olokos
Level 7
I recently bought HD 7970 Matrix Platinum, great upgrade from old 5750, but it seems to be problematic... On stock frequencies I'm getting artifacts... On many games... Sometimes even when I'm browsing the internet! 😞
CPU-Z
It was the worst at CoD MW2...

I have to put it on 100% fans speed with a HW button on a card to avoid THAT BIG artifacts to be able to play...
It also happens in: chrome (yeah lol, not on 100% fans obviously),APB,Sleeping Dogs. I haven't seen any artifacts in CoD BO2 though, but thats propably because it's not causing the graphics to be used too much 😆

// This wallhack is the feature of zombie mod in MW2, I'm serious, If you are zombie then you can buy wallhack.
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
RMA your card and get another model.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

olokos
Level 7
You are positive that it's a faulty model?

HiVizMan
Level 40
There have been problems with the card yes. Get a different model and you will be golden. I actually prefer the reference designs over the custom ASUS models at the minute. But it is your call.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

If any of you guys would be interested the result was following:
Sent card for warranty
about 2 weeks time I got a result "OK"
Sent emails asking what that means
I got an information that that means that the card is not flawed and is "OK"
the shop Agito.pl where I bought the GPU claims that they will charge for the diagnose of the product if it's in OK state
Nobody at Agito.pl wanted me to pay for the diagonose, that's awkward
I send the proofs of the card being faulty to the Agito.pl, they just continued yap yapping that it's fine and I can send it again if I want
That would most propably result of me not having this GPU that I paid for for several months propably which is awful.

There's a thing that if you're not full-aged in Poland then your parents may not agree to buy costly products and the refund will be granted to the parent of the person that bought the card, so I went that way so they would be forced to get me my money back.

I'm writing that just for the reason to let the Asus staff know about what the www.agito.pl shop is doing with both - their customers and how it treats them with your products if they appear to be faulty which most propably will result in people hate your products and never buy a GPU or any other product from Asus. Such thing happened to a friend of mine with a MSI product.
Please do something about it to keep your company image in good standing.

Thank you for taking your time to read it.

PS. I forgot to mention that they marked my warranty case as closed after letting me know that the card is BY THEM - "OK". It took them 4 emails to actually give me a clear answer that the card is not flawed and it obviously was as you can see in the screenshot above. I also had some videos from BO2, but I eventually deleted them after some time as I got my money back anyway.

ktfzone
Level 7
Hi,

The things with shops is that they use a certain number of products to test the video cards , usually Furmark, 3dMark, Heaven Benchmark etc etc. They don't bother with games or browsing the internet. And usually these cards (7970, 280x) fail in games and normal usage, not in benchmarks, so they don't see the artefacts. If you combine this with the improper attitude from some people that do the testing, it's easy to get refused.

I am not planning to return my two 280x to the shop, since they told me already what they use for testing and I don't get artefacts in those programs. So that's it....

Service wich you have them in PL I think they never post this card to asus. RMA on Asus website much faster and direct to them 🙂 You can call and ask for details
http://asus-serwis.pl/rma/1
AMD FX 9370/ CROSSHAIR V FORMULA / MATRIX R9 280X PLATINIUM CROSSFIREx2/ CORSAIR VENGEANCE MEMORY 2133mhz 8GB / ANTEC 1300WATT/ CORSAIR 800D / WATER COOL 360MM RAD PUMP EK 2.2

What mobo do you have ? You tray shift pcie 2.0 to 3.0 or 3.0 to 2.0 if you have yhis option in bios ?
AMD FX 9370/ CROSSHAIR V FORMULA / MATRIX R9 280X PLATINIUM CROSSFIREx2/ CORSAIR VENGEANCE MEMORY 2133mhz 8GB / ANTEC 1300WATT/ CORSAIR 800D / WATER COOL 360MM RAD PUMP EK 2.2

The OP already returned the card and got his money back, so no more testing for him 🙂