cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74 Number pad, and Hard Drive.

Retired
Not applicable
I recently purchased an Asus G74SX-XT1 from Tiger Direct. The computer is great and really powerful. I'm trying to figure out two things. When I was playing GTA IV, I put in the simple native trainer which requires use of the number pad. I know they make a trainer where you don't need the number pad but I don't like it. When I play GTA its doesn't recognize the number pad and there is no Num Lock key! Also I installed another hard drive and the computer does not recognize it, do I need to go in to the Bios? Did I install it wrong? And I don't know how to get in the bios
1 REPLY 1

CYberjudas
Level 7
There are Several threads here on the Numpad problem. There is NO numlock, it is a dedicated calculator key so there is no shifted state. This is ridiculous on a gaming computer, or ANY laptop. We need a MOD to put all these complaints and sticky it so it gets the proper attention and gets fixed asap. There is supposed to be a bios update in the works. When i purchased the G74SX i never figured i would need to check and see if the manufacturer had removed the NUMLOCK and shifted position of all the keys associated with it. Had i known this i would have purchased a different laptop. It wasn't until i first setup my system and went to assign keys in a game when i realized there was no Numlock and associated keying. Unfortunately that was after my 7 day return policy from Micro center. Now i am stuck with a faulty machine due to a serious design flaw from the manufacturer. This is not at all what i would expect from ASUS. I have been using their motherboards and video-cards in all the machines we build for our clients since ASUS started selling motherboards, and the only times i have had problems was with a world wide capacitor problem, where the capacitors were faulty.(not ASUS problem but a supplier problem) and the Intel chip-set problem from the original sandy bridge.(also not due to ASUS) so i would never figure them to do something like this when every other laptop, device or component has been done to industry standard or better. Hopefully they will fix this in a fast manner.

See this post: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?3220-Asus-G74SX-A1-Keypad-Problem&highlight=G74SX