cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme: Error debug code 00: non boot [possible solution]

FedericoUY
Level 7
Hi. This morning I went to start up my mive just to realize that it wouldn't boot up. Error code was 00. I started by clearing cmos, swapping memory's, trying different memory's, nothing. Disconnected all cables attached, removed cpu from socket, memory's out, while the cr2032 battery was out. Left it out for about 15 minutes. Reseated cpu on the socket with it's original fan, started up... nothing, debug still was showing 00 code. I started to search on google for that problem, and get to see some cases that they had to return the mobo for a replacement. 😞
After almost trying everything, I watched all the mobo switches, and pressed the Q-Reset switch, and right after that I changed the LN2 mode to off, and voilá, started up showing debug normal numbers and letters, and booted up right away. I want to share this because I also saw a member at asus forums that had to RMA his max. iv ext. around february because a problem almost equal to mine. Thank you, and hope it help's somebody. Cheers.
6 REPLIES 6

Sundell
Level 7
Thanks this little guide fixed my Debug code 00 error.

Xovius
Level 7
Sorry to ask like a complete noob but where is the Q-Reset switch? (I'm using the Rampage IV extreme btw...)

HiVizMan
Level 40
Next to the power button on the motherboard.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi and a big thank you to the poster of this thread.

With my ROG Strix X299 I ran into the same problem and I was afraid I had to RMA my mobo until I read your post here.
After I reseted the CMOS Battery the system bootet again.

@ASUS: Why is this happening and how do you prevent it and will this happen again anytime soon?
As I had to remove my GPU and the M2.Cooling.bracket to reach the CMOS Battery it took me quiet a while to do it.

So again: Thanks

BTW I didnt change a lot of BIOS settings if someone would think my changes could be the reason. The only thing I changed was to enable XMS because my memory runs at 3200 speed. No overclocking over Volt-changing whatsoever.

Chino
Level 15

macmus
Level 7
This happend to me just right now on the Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha!

code 00 and no boot

Way to go asus!