Thread: Help with SSD on Asus G750JX-TB71

ROG Enthusiast Array

Help with SSD on Asus G750JX-TB71

Hi everyone I am new to this conversation/ forum but i just wanted get any advice i can. I just bought this model and I believe i made a good choice. Previously i owned The Lenovo Y510p with one graphic card and a Blu-ray drive that I returned because the touch pad sucked and screen had some really bad bleeding. My question is what would you recommend for upgrades to the ram as brand and the correct one for this model so I can max out the ram and if I want to add a solid state drive 256 gig ssd. which one would work brand and model for this laptop? And to be honest with you i am no computer parts kinda guy. I'm new to gaming and I bought this laptop so I can play and do my schoolwork in college, was this a good choice? Or should I just go back to the Y510P, the one with dual graphics card and blueray optical drive that amazon is selling for $1199. I really don't know too much of the macanics of the computer. I feel for the extra 300 dollars I spent on this machine I got a better machine, meaning graphics card, better screen, better touch pad, just a more quality machine. Now if anyone could help me with this information about maxing out the ram and adding the solid state drive and maybe explain how to do it, because I really don't know how, I would be really grateful. Thanks ROG forum.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Any 2.5" SSD should work, I'd personally recommend Intel as they are a tad more reliable than others (still using the same Intel SSD for 3 years now, no issues at all). As for RAM, I'm sure others can chime in on model they've used, but if you have 8GB already you do not need more. Unless you run virtual machines all the time that do require RAM, save your money. There's no game in the world that can make use of >8GB RAM, the vast majority would be fine even with 4GB.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Clintlgm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fab5yo View Post
    Hi everyone I am new to this conversation/ forum but i just wanted get any advice i can. I just bought this model and I believe i made a good choice. Previously i owned The Lenovo Y510p with one graphic card and a Blu-ray drive that I returned because the touch pad sucked and screen had some really bad bleeding. My question is what would you recommend for upgrades to the ram as brand and the correct one for this model so I can max out the ram

Install Hwinfo64 run it and you will see exactly what ram you have you'll want to match the timings and Voltages

and if I want to add a solid state drive 256 gig ssd. which one would work brand and model for this laptop?

Just about any SSD will work, right now the best of the best is the Samsung 840 Pro.

And to be honest with you i am no computer parts kinda guy. I'm new to gaming and I bought this laptop so I can play and do my schoolwork in college, was this a good choice? Or should I just go back to the Y510P, the one with dual graphics card and blueray optical drive that amazon is selling for $1199. I really don't know too much of the macanics of the computer. I feel for the extra 300 dollars I spent on this machine I got a better machine, meaning graphics card, better screen, better touch pad, just a more quality machine. Now if anyone could help me with this information about maxing out the ram and adding the solid state drive and maybe explain how to do it,

You can read this thread it is a sticky in the G75 G55 Forum the information applies to the G750 also.

because I really don't know how, I would be really grateful. Thanks ROG forum.
    The Notes and guides in the linked thread are pretty clear on how go about installing A SSD. You should download ASUS Back Tracker and create a USB Restore Media first thing.

If your not comfortable making these upgrades you should take your notebook to an authorized repair station and have them do it for you?
    Last edited by Clintlgm; 08-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    G75VW-DS72 Win 8.1 Pro MC
    Intel Core i7-3610QM
    16 GB Hyundai HTM315156CFR8C-PB PC3-12800
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M (GF114M)
    LITEONIT LAT-256M3S Seagate ST9750420AS
    BD Writer