cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with SSD on Asus G750JX-TB71

fab5yo
Level 7
Hi everyone I am new to this conversation/ forum but i just wanted get any advice i can. I just bought this model and I believe i made a good choice. Previously i owned The Lenovo Y510p with one graphic card and a Blu-ray drive that I returned because the touch pad sucked and screen had some really bad bleeding. My question is what would you recommend for upgrades to the ram as brand and the correct one for this model so I can max out the ram and if I want to add a solid state drive 256 gig ssd. which one would work brand and model for this laptop? And to be honest with you i am no computer parts kinda guy. I'm new to gaming and I bought this laptop so I can play and do my schoolwork in college, was this a good choice? Or should I just go back to the Y510P, the one with dual graphics card and blueray optical drive that amazon is selling for $1199. I really don't know too much of the macanics of the computer. I feel for the extra 300 dollars I spent on this machine I got a better machine, meaning graphics card, better screen, better touch pad, just a more quality machine. Now if anyone could help me with this information about maxing out the ram and adding the solid state drive and maybe explain how to do it, because I really don't know how, I would be really grateful. Thanks ROG forum.
2 REPLIES 2

villiansv
Level 11
Any 2.5" SSD should work, I'd personally recommend Intel as they are a tad more reliable than others (still using the same Intel SSD for 3 years now, no issues at all). As for RAM, I'm sure others can chime in on model they've used, but if you have 8GB already you do not need more. Unless you run virtual machines all the time that do require RAM, save your money. There's no game in the world that can make use of >8GB RAM, the vast majority would be fine even with 4GB.

Clintlgm
Level 14
fab5yo wrote:
Hi everyone I am new to this conversation/ forum but i just wanted get any advice i can. I just bought this model and I believe i made a good choice. Previously i owned The Lenovo Y510p with one graphic card and a Blu-ray drive that I returned because the touch pad sucked and screen had some really bad bleeding. My question is what would you recommend for upgrades to the ram as brand and the correct one for this model so I can max out the ram

Install Hwinfo64 run it and you will see exactly what ram you have you'll want to match the timings and Voltages

and if I want to add a solid state drive 256 gig ssd. which one would work brand and model for this laptop?

Just about any SSD will work, right now the best of the best is the Samsung 840 Pro.

And to be honest with you i am no computer parts kinda guy. I'm new to gaming and I bought this laptop so I can play and do my schoolwork in college, was this a good choice? Or should I just go back to the Y510P, the one with dual graphics card and blueray optical drive that amazon is selling for $1199. I really don't know too much of the macanics of the computer. I feel for the extra 300 dollars I spent on this machine I got a better machine, meaning graphics card, better screen, better touch pad, just a more quality machine. Now if anyone could help me with this information about maxing out the ram and adding the solid state drive and maybe explain how to do it,

You can read this thread it is a sticky in the G75 G55 Forum the information applies to the G750 also.

because I really don't know how, I would be really grateful. Thanks ROG forum.

The Notes and guides in the linked thread are pretty clear on how go about installing A SSD. You should download ASUS Back Tracker and create a USB Restore Media first thing.

If your not comfortable making these upgrades you should take your notebook to an authorized repair station and have them do it for you?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro