cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JX GPU Overclocking Compilation

abeepak1
Level 7
Hi folks, I'm here to ask about your overclocking results, as I know many of you out there have done so, and what you have done to achieve such clocks! Personally, I am currently at 900Mhz Core (954Mhz Boosted) / 5500Mhz Memory / 0.925mV Voltage. Went through many hours of rigorous OCCT Tests and real world gaming, fully stable, no artifacts nor crashes. Driver Version 320.49. OC via Asus GPU Tweak Below is the 3DMark Results Link:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1089953

On another note, I'd also like to ask you guys, which chances are, have greater knowledge than me; currently I am trying to find methods that allow me to adjust the boosted voltage for the gpu. As there are two voltages, one for adjustable normal and one for boost, the latter being the unadjustable 1.006V, the boost voltage causes instabilities in an otherwise plausible higher clock, if given a reasonable amount of voltage increase. Therefore I'd like to ask whether or not you guys know how to achieve this? My initial thought was to use a Bios tweak of sorts, though I cannot seem to access the bios, nor do I know how as I am not very familiar with the setup. Secondly, is there anyway at all to adjust the Fan speed mapping? As it stands currently, it may be silent and somewhat cool, though I believe I could further optimize this to fit my applications. Please post your results and/or inputs down below and let's help each other out to achieve more satisfying clocks 😄
18 REPLIES 18

abeepak1
Level 7
that awkward moment where over half of the sub-forum population has had a look at your thread but no replies appear xD

Here is my benchmark, no OC, completely stock except for paste.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1093902

For some reason it says my driver is not approved. Running 9.18.13.1193

No problems with the driver. GeForce was happy to install it as well.

I wonder how much of a boost you got from each difference? OC, Win 8, different driver.
ASUS G750JX-TB71

• CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
  • Screen: 17.3' Full HD Matte Screen @ 100Hz
  • Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz. RAM 2x8
  • Storage: 500GB SSD 850 EVO + 750GB HDD @ 7200rpm
  • TC: IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU

My stock 3d mark score was 3126 with the same gpu driver you posted. Yes, for some reason Asus' drivers arent approved in 3dmark lol.

Anyone else with OC i can compare to, share tips tricks with or answer my questions?

GTX 770M

3DMark Firestrike Scores:
Old Driver 3139
320.49 Driver 3398
320.49 Driver Overclocked 3884

I think some had already reached 4000+ firestrike scores using the new beta drivers.

abeepak1
Level 7
Its easy to get over 4000 with an unstable over clock. Well atleast unstable by my standards... My core clock would actually go max towards +135 and +800 or more memory and run through the benchmarks all day, though would not last 10 minutes through OCCT error testing, nor real world gaming (BF3) (World of Warplanes).

Though what I am trying to do, is to get those top clocks to become stable, and to do this, I would have to increase the maximum voltage when in boost mode. As it stands, we can adjust the core volt, though it would not affect the voltage when in boost, due to it being set at 1.006 Volt. If we can surpass that 1.006 wall, even by just a minute amount. Stable clocks of +135 core and higher memory would be easily accomplished.

Though too bad no one has yet to enlighten me as to how, nor helped me concoct a way to do so. My next best guess is trying to find a way to access the gpu bios.

By the way, does the beta drivers have problems such the brightness problem that occurred with the 320.49? More importantly, does it offer more stable overclocks?

@OP

Might be a silly question ... have you tried tinkering with MSI afterburner instead of GPU tweak?

Also, are you familiar with SpeedFan? It picks up the CPU fan but not the GPU fan in my G750jx. I havent played with it much but if you're good you may be able to modify the fan speeds and settings.
ASUS G750JX-TB71

• CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
  • Screen: 17.3' Full HD Matte Screen @ 100Hz
  • Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz. RAM 2x8
  • Storage: 500GB SSD 850 EVO + 750GB HDD @ 7200rpm
  • TC: IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU

abeepak1 wrote:
Its easy to get over 4000 with an unstable over clock.

I agree with this, but you can still get over 4k with a stable overclock. I got over 4000 twice so far.

STABLE +135 core clock, +500 Mem clock: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/733925
UNSTABLE +135 core clock, +800 Mem clock: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/733874

abeepak1
Level 7
So far I have tried Nvidia inspector and asus gpu tweak to no avail, and I doubt afterburner nor evga x precision would work, though the latter would be worth giving a shot. Speed fan I have messed with in the past, though I had bad experiences (incorrect data from sensor/inability to pull up controls) in the past, therefore I hadnt thought of it. Rivatuner would also be ideal, though since the core funcs of after burner and X precision is written by the same riva guy, I'm guessing the results from those program would verdict the situation. Fan speed aside, I'm honestly more interested in finding a way to bump that boost voltage, which surely will present VERY satisfying stables Overclocks.

Btw, what core voltages are you guys using in your OC? Mine is currently stable at 0.900V. Any clues on what would be the top safe volt? Granted it must be 1.006v or higher...

coolsbrah
Level 7
what do you mean when you say unstable OC? just starting to learn about OC'ing