cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74 Hard Drive Install

Retired
Not applicable
I recently bough a G74SX from tiger direct. I also ordered an extra 500gb hard drive because it only came with one. I Installed it and the computer does not recognize it. Hwt else do I need to do?
7 REPLIES 7

Retired
Not applicable
Are you sure you correctly installed it?

Does it show up in bios?

Retired
Not applicable
dashdot wrote:
Are you sure you correctly installed it?

Does it show up in bios?

Yes it dos show up in the Bios but in my computer only the main Hard drive show sup which Asus splits in to two partitions small partitions for some reason.

xeromist
I would look in the Disk Management interface to see if it shows up there. You won't see it show up in My Computer if it isn't partitioned and assigned a drive letter. You can get to this screen by right-clicking on My Computer and going to Manage. There should be an option on the left side of the screen for disk management and you should see a visual representation of the drives and partitions on the right panel once you select it. I believe that you can right click on an unpartitioned drive to interact with it. If the drive does not appear at all then try the option to rescan disks.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
xeromist wrote:
I would look in the Disk Management interface to see if it shows up there. You won't see it show up in My Computer if it isn't partitioned and assigned a drive letter. You can get to this screen by right-clicking on My Computer and going to Manage. There should be an option on the left side of the screen for disk management and you should see a visual representation of the drives and partitions on the right panel once you select it. I believe that you can right click on an unpartitioned drive to interact with it. If the drive does not appear at all then try the option to rescan disks.

Thank you it worked, I remember going that when I put in a new hard drive on my PS3

xeromist
NP, and welcome to the forum 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
thanks I was also wondering if you knew anything or heard anything about the audio quality of the G74. I feel like mine is very quiet.

xeromist
Check your other thread 🙂