cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene Z, Bios fan control suggestion

Abula
Level 9
Hi,

Im trying to lower the fan speed of the Silverstone TJ08-E, but the bios only allows to lower the fan speed to 60% (the 180mm fan goes down to 900rpm still too noisy for my liking), on many other intel mobos you can lower it till 40% on chasis fans (CPU can to 20%), so maybe in a future bios revision Asus can consider allowing the 40% speed as other mobos can.

I know i could probably do it with the Asus Suite, or Speed fan, but personally i like more to go minimilistic and just let the bios controll it, just need asus to allow to go lower than 60% on a chasis fan heather.
5 REPLIES 5

Fr0stX
Level 7
I agree, Maximus IV extreme also is the same, PWR fan header is not controlable with AI suite II or speedfan... even if the connector is a 4 pins PWM! would be very nice to be able to control it with a curve inside the bios (just like CPU or chassis).
I7-10700K @5.0Ghz
Asus Maximus Formula XII
32Gb Gskill Royal-Z @3600Mhz
Asus Strix RTX3090
Corsair HX850i

Hard to believe I can not control the speeds of my Scythe SY1225SL12LM-P fans that are 4-Pin PWM fans. They run at 1000+ RPM all the time. CPU fan runs at 400 RPM, it's the same exact model fan. What is the point of the 4-Pin fan headers if they do nothing?

Spathi
Level 9
Do you have any non-PWM fans plugged into the chassis headers?

My fans do get controlled down on the chassis.

Spathi wrote:
Do you have any non-PWM fans plugged into the chassis headers?

My fans do get controlled down on the chassis.

What fans are you using please? My fans are all 4-pin PWM fans, and the chassis fans are 1000rpm all the time.

Spathi
Level 9
Currently user in AI suite for both CPU/Chassis.
12cm PWM Arctic on CPU header 1 (750 rpm @ 20%)
12cm PWM Arctic on Chassis 1 (800 rpm @ 40%)
12cm PWM Batwing Entermax on Chassis 3 (470 rpm @ 40%) ... sexy fan (Entermax UCTB12P PWM)
The Chassis 3 seems to follow CPU temp.. or maybe the logic is complex and it follows both CPU and MB. Works well though.

Chassis 1 is on a silent PSU in a separate compartment

CPU header 1 and Chassis 3 are both exhaust near CPU and I have no fan on my CPU heatsink (mini-nija). I found my case temp was 12oC cooler with no fans inside case on CPU. i.e. even negative static pressure is better than mixing the air in the case.

The case is the antec desktop designed by silentpcreview years ago. Hard to setup and very hard to pick high end video cards for these days, but awesome. I popped the rivets on the front center divider and replaced with a perspex full height custom half divider on the right side to give better access to sata and better air from video card. I made another custom divider between heatsink and back of case.

As of yesterday the video card fans are now off, until 50oC and 20%-30% to 74oC (then a ramp up, which never happens). Video temps are not much different which surprised the heck out of me.