cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX USB ports not working

Retired
Not applicable
After recently purchasing my G74 i was very impressed with it until i found the USB port on the right side of the laptop doesnt work. Devices connected to it are powered but not recognised, have tried USB flash drives and Mice, also tried system recovery. Has anyone else had this problem or any ideas?
14 REPLIES 14

Chastity
Level 10
Is it a black port, or the blue one?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for your response, it is the black one, which i believe is the USB 2.0 port. I should mention i have already tried a system recovery.

Retired
Not applicable
I am having the same problem. I bought the ASUS G74SX-BBK7 in BesT buy. Upgraded my windows to Windows 7 Ultimate and now the USB ports are not working.
I have tried EVERYTHING. Installed the drivers from the ASUS website. Tried manually/automatic... nothing works!

None of my USB ports are working.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Jaf wrote:
I am having the same problem. I bought the ASUS G74SX-BBK7 in BesT buy. Upgraded my windows to Windows 7 Ultimate and now the USB ports are not working.
I have tried EVERYTHING. Installed the drivers from the ASUS website. Tried manually/automatic... nothing works!

None of my USB ports are working.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Have you looked into Bios/USB Interface Security?
G74SX-A1 i7 2860QM 16GB Kingston HyperX SSD Samsung Serie 830 128GB

Boosted_R
Level 8
Running Win 7 Ultimate x64

xHCI Driver Version: 3.0.119.1
GL702VSK / GTX 1070 / M.2 960 EVO

HTPC MINI-ITX / FRACTAL CORE 500 / GIGABYTE GA-AB350N / GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G / RYZEN 5 1600 3.9GHz / M.2 960 EVO / G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3200MHz
OLD
ASUS G74SX-XC1 / INTEL 7260 AC / Samsung 850 PRO / TUNIQ TX-4 / BIOS 203 / 335.23

my instincts say hardware failure, but my brain says driver failure.

just for the record, are you guys installing the new driver, or actually uninstalling the old one first?

JRd1st
Level 12
Did you install the Intel inf chipset drivers? http://pcaudio.ath.cx/stuff/infinst_auto.exe
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Updated all drivers, and the ports are definitely not working. I have a BBK8 I got refurbished from BB as well.

It seems to only want to look through windows update for the drivers, and when it doesn't find them, it doesn't work.

I can't even see a flash drive.

What gives?

dstrakele
Level 14
Code 32 Error
(from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123)
Different OS in article, but this may still apply.

Cause

The start type for this driver is set to disabled in the registry.

Recommended resolutions

Reinstall the driver for this device. If this does not work, you might have to change the device start type parameterin the registry.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.

1. On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions. 2. Restart your computer. 3. Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.

Change the start type in the Registry

This content isdesigned foran advanced computer user.

As a last resort, you can edit the registry directly if the driver is required, and if reinstalling or upgrading does not work. Change the start type inside the registryby using Registry Editor.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT