Did you mean: 

MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

MetallicAcid
Level 10
MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Proudly sponsored by:

Södertälje Specialsnickeri AB Sweden

Welcome to my third project!!

In this project, I have planned this project to include the Silverstone Temjin TJ07S, a timeless classic of premium case. I have had an ongoing community driven planning phase over a couple of months, where I have received feedback from the public, and tried to turn that feedback into a 3D render. I have really enjoyed the entire process, and learnt many new techniques along the way.

I know that this particular case has been modded probably 1,000,001 times now, so creating a TJ07 that stands out from an already well saturated crowd is already hard enough to do. To make this build even better than my previous projects is an even bigger challenge.

Update 2014/03/06

Hello everybody! I know this has been a long time coming 😛

It is with great excitement that I announce that the project has now officially been started! I am building this project for Demis, a friend of mine. He had fallen in love with the project, and the ideas which I had visualized with the aid of SketchUp and Skindigo - 3D modelling and rendering software.

There had been discussions between Demis and I regarding the colour and overall theme of this build, and in the end we both thought that a blacked out stealth build, with subtle gold highlights, with an overall monolithic feel with a simple exterior and neat interior was the best option for this project. The colour scheme comes from the X79 ASUS motherboard. I would like to now show you a visual representation of how this project will probably look like:

This project may take some time to complete. This is a good thing in my opinion as it means that I can plan every detail to perfection, and execute those plans into reality with ease and minimal stress.

This will be a watercooled project, but in stages. Stage 1 for the watercooling will include just the CPU, with the GPU being air cooled. Stage 2 of the watercooling will include a 2nd GPU with both being watercooled. So you can expect a Rev.1 and Rev.2 of this project over the coming months.

Here comes a list of things that I plan to do with this mod:

Fabricate

• X Custom made midplate
  • X Custom made reservoir wall
  • X Acrylic window for top of case
  • X Acrylic windows for side panels

Modify

• X Extend window for top of case
  • X Window opening on side panels
  • X Pass-through holes in midplate for hard tubing
  • X New power button
  • X Sleeve PSU

Prepare for painting

• X TJ07 case
  • X Custom made midplate

Paint

• X TJ07 case
  • X Custom made midplate
  • X GPU shrouds

Install

• X Cold Zero parts
  • X Water cooling parts
  • X PC components

I hope you have enjoyed the news. We are both super excited about this project, and want to see it to perfection. I hope you stick around for future updates!

With best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Update links:

Update 1 - Parts ordered and modding begins.
Update 2 - Midplate Progress
Update 3 - Angled plate
Update 4 - Cold Zero
Update 5 - Motherboard fitting
Update 6 - Top window cut out
Update 7 - GPU shrouds
Update 8 - Side window complete and Icemodz sponsor
Update 9 - Acrylic windows milled
Update 10 - Silverstone sponsor and unboxing Strider ST1200G
Update 11 - Installed front panel, glued into place and installed vandal switch
Update 12 - EK Delivery
Update 13 - Soldering guide and molex complete
Update 14 - PSU cables sleeved
Update 15 - Inet joins as sponsor
Update 16 - EK lends a hand
Update 17 - Hardware update
Update 18 - Another hardware update
Update 20 - Sponsor update/fans installed/EKWB monoblock installed
Update 21 - Sponsor update
Update 22 - EKWB GPU blocks and reservoir installation
Update 23 - Piping up the loop
Update 24 - Final photos/Project finished
88 REPLIES 88

MetallicAcid
Level 10

MetallicAcid
Level 10
Update

Hello guys and girls!

I have decided on modding my TJ07S case which I already own. I am working on a design in sketchup, and trying to work out colours and theme.

Here is the photo tour of the exterior of my TJ07S:

Some early renders of the TJ07S and playing with ideas:

I know it isn't much, but it's a start!
MetallicAcid

Update

I have decided to have a reverse ATX setup with this build. This will mean a new motherboard plate and case backing plate, which attaches to the motherboard, will have to be fabricated to allow the change. Here are some more renders of what I had thought.

I have decided to use acrylic tubing (again) if I am able to together parts for this build. At the moment, I am broke, and currently looking to mod just the case. I will only complete the build IF I can scrape together the funds.

Does anyone have any opinions of the build so far?
MetallicAcid

Update

Some more playing around in Sketchup has resulted in some plumbing for the GPU's and the reservoirs.

And I am finally starting work on a design concept. This is something that I have knocked up, but I think that it is too plain.

Has anyone any thoughts, tips, suggestions regarding these renders? Please let me know! 🙂
MetallicAcid

chomuco
Level 7
new!! belleza ...http://imgur.com/a/PJwRL#0

Update

i am trying another approach here with the reservoir. I am thinking of making a custom res which will sit in the 5.25" bays, attached to the front plate.

I am liking this idea more than the double tube reservoir solution I had before. What are your thoughts?
MetallicAcid

MetallicAcid
Level 10
Update

Hey everybody! I have two more renders for your viewing pleasure. Let me know what you think.

Different lines on the front plate looking into the res.

PSU and exhaust fan shroud.

In other progress, I have made the PSU backplate and the IO backplate into just one plate, instead of the stock two. I think this will clean up the backside a little bit. I have also started working on how to plumb the GPU pipes on the backside to the bottom compartment. I don't know when I can get some renders op of those, but it shouldn't be too much of a wait!

Thanks for reading,
MetallicAcid

Update

Hello there ^^

I have not had so much time to work on rendering or designing as of late. Silly me went and signed up for night time classes twice a week for the next 3 months, and work is getting a little crazy... BUT, I am still dedicated to this project, and actively thinking about new design ideas to make this build one of the most original TJ07, wait, mod which has been done! I have promised epicness, and this is what you and I will receive!

Here I am playing with the rad cover designs. which one looks best?

Thanks for any and all input 🙂
MetallicAcid

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Looking really good mate! 😄 me, i'd go with the open fans and buy some wicked grills, like the ones they have at MNPCTech...look through the Build logs, the Star Wars one, the grills on it are awesome 😄 Also, I like the 3 lines design. Since you've got no lighting there yet, have them lit up 🙂