cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme "Black Edition" - Where?

mikaelmsk
Level 7
Where I can buy this card? It seems to be better than the normal ASUS Rampage IV Extreme..

http://rog.asus.com/224992013/rampage-motherboards/rampage-iv-extreme-black-the-ultimate-in-tech-exc...

8 REPLIES 8

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
The RIVE "Black Edition" is not a product for purchase, you're wanting to get the Rampage IV Black Edition, which combines both the Formula and Extreme Edition boards and packs in more features too 😄 it will be up for sale in October, there are little details because it's still being worked on

http://rog.asus.com/261852013/rampage-motherboards/rampage-iv-black-edition-the-ultimate-lga2011-mot...

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
The RIVE "Black Edition" is not a product for purchase, you're wanting to get the Rampage IV Black Edition, which combines both the Formula and Extreme Edition boards and packs in more features too 😄 it will be up for sale in October, there are little details because it's still being worked on

http://rog.asus.com/261852013/rampage-motherboards/rampage-iv-black-edition-the-ultimate-lga2011-mot...

That's awesome! I will build my PC with LGA 2011 when in my USA travel (I'm Brazillian) and I will arrive arround October-15 and leave October-30.

Maybe I will I be able to buy this card..

mikaelmsk wrote:
That's awesome! I will build my PC with LGA 2011 when in my USA travel (I'm Brazillian) and I will arrive arround October-15 and leave October-30.

Maybe I will I be able to buy this card..

Awesome, please do share some pics when you buy it/build the system 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
The image you are seeing was a special board made for a custom build (show) I seem to recall.

The new board will be out quite soon I am sure.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

fbm211
Level 7
Wow. Now that is an awesome board. I just found my 2014 build mobo.
Maximus VII Apex
Intel i7 10700k @ 5GHZ
Custom Water Cooling
Patriot Viper Steel 4400 17-17-17-36-300-2t
GeForce RTX 2080 Hydro Copper
WD Black NVMe 750 500g
Seasonic Focus GX-850
Lian LI O11D XL
Dell S3220DF Monitor
Vanatoo T 0s speaker system
ROG mouse
Audio Technica ATH-AD 2000x headphones
AE-9 Sound Blaster

motionman
Level 7
I want this mobo! Why Asus, did you not add a couple of Thunderbolt 2.0 ports?

Raja
Level 13
Because it would have increased production costs and not enough people use Thunderbolt on desktop motherboards. If you do, you're in a very small minority that hasn't got enough voice share or buying power to be heard yet at the business level - so not a priority for this model. That's the truth.

There are other models with TB if you need it that badly.

Praz
Level 13
What Raja wrote along with the fact the Thunderbolt products are ridiculously priced. As Thunderbolt is seen as an Apple product manufacturers of these accessories feel they have a license to steal from the consumer. For wider adaption of TB on the Intel platforms the retail price of peripherals need to come down substantially.