cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G750JX headphone sound problem.

charleshsu1
Level 7
There is a background hissing noise when I use my headphones. I have skullcandy mix master headphones but the problem occurs with other headphones as well.

I have tried installing the newest drivers and that still doesnt get rid of that hissing sound. any fixes? i really dont want to send this back.
38 REPLIES 38

svansiclen
Level 7
Send it back then. They all have this problem. I can live with it. It won't be fixed though, so if you can't stand it now and can return it you should.

svansiclen wrote:
Send it back then. They all have this problem. I can live with it. It won't be fixed though, so if you can't stand it now and can return it you should.

is there any official asus announcement on this issue? how do you know it wont get fixed?

svansiclen
Level 7
Been buying computers for 20 years. Issues like this never get fixed man.

Hey man, I just got the 750JW from Best Buy and I had the same problem.

Good News:
I switched from my badass Klipsh headphones to a USB powered headphone set and the noise went away, I researched this problem for a week and found out that a lot of these laptops have that problem, it has to due with the onboard sound. (cheap onboard sound)

Fix:
Get a USB powered headset head phones. I use Logitech g35, hissing noise DISSPEARS 100%

Fix2:
Buy a External Sound Card, Sound blaster makes one for $29 that you plugin to your usb and it fixes the hising noise, and then you can use any headphones you'd like.

K thanks.

charleshsu1
Level 7
thanks, il look into them,
doing a "external sound card" search on amazon brought up many results, some are even around $5.

I really hope that ASUS release updated drivers that will fix this problem.

balundab
Level 7
i think its just energy static jumping from other internal parts to the on board sound card. i could be wrong but from what ive heard over the years is its a laptop problem some have it some dont. iono tho i could be wrong and prolly am. cheers.

adamsyes
Level 8
This is a Realtek software sound issue. To fix this please download the latest driver from the link provided below.

http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...udio&p=3&s=111

Installing the Lastest Driver from link provided above

Will have
:

-No more Config file delete needed (been fixed)

-Fix bugs, hissing noise including and subwoofer poor sound while gaming etc.

-Sound quality output is much better and crisper.

-Republic Of Gamers Waves Maxxaudio included Ui menu along with Equalizer enabled

-realtek related fixes

thanks for the link, but when I installed the latest driver from the link (.7004), I am still experiencing the hissing.

But when I Un-install the Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver from Add or remove Programs, THE HISSING GOES AWAY!!
as for now, I have the very basic audio driver. The sound quality is average but it is better than the hissing. Im probably gonna leave it as it is.

Does this mean that this is a Driver issue? Hopefully a new driver comes out that fixes this for good.

charleshsu1 wrote:
thanks for the link, but when I installed the latest driver from the link (.7004), I am still experiencing the hissing.

But when I Un-install the Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver from Add or remove Programs, THE HISSING GOES AWAY!!
as for now, I have the very basic audio driver. The sound quality is average but it is better than the hissing. Im probably gonna leave it as it is.

Does this mean that this is a Driver issue? Hopefully a new driver comes out that fixes this for good.

really ? hmm that is so odd. Because I had the hissing noise as well. I've updated to the .7004 and now it's gone.

I guess it's a driver issue installation type of thing. it shouldn't be defective unit since I've just fixed mine. its definitely software or driver related. or perhaps specific headsets

can you try to uninstall completely and download http://treexy.com driver sweeper

select realtek SOUND
then delete. after that restart and install the .7004