+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asus maximus vi hero bios update prolem

New ROGer satan556 +10

Asus maximus vi hero bios update prolem

Hello, I have a problem with my PC after installing the BIOS update. When I installed BIOS version 0711 and rebooted the computer and when I turn it on again and turns but nothing turns on.On the screen is still displayed code 00
    Please advice.
    Last edited by satan556; 09-14-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

I would suggest using the USB BIOS flashback guide in my sig and revert to the bios version that worked.

Do not update bios via OS.

New ROGer satan556 +10

20130914_193610.jpgComputer turns on but nothing is shown. I tried to upload flashcard older bios and do something about it, but without result. The image does not start and still is code 00 and CPU LED is on...
    Last edited by satan556; 09-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Chino +200 Chino +200 Chino +200

Please remove all your components and put the motherboard on top of the box that it came in. Proceed to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins. Report back with your findings.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt COLDSTATIC +10 COLDSTATIC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chomuco View Post
    I 00'ed after this bios flash. I was at stock before it as well b/c i just reset my bios 2 days ago. After the 00 tried rebooting. tried unplugging for 30 sec and none worked. Sometimes it would make it to a2 and sometimes only 66. Did a reset from the cmos clear and its working now.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt COLDSTATIC +10 COLDSTATIC's Avatar

Something else as well. With the new bios my cache volt went up .100. i have a screen shot from 2 days ago. the next screen shot is from just after flash and the third is from when i was getting the 00 codes(i only got into the bios twice but never made it into windows). after the cmos reset the volts are at the just after the flash.
    Imágenes Adjuntas

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

Each bios change has many different layers of change. For your system set up that may be one such change manifested.

New ROGer orbster556 +10

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    I would suggest using the USB BIOS flashback guide in my sig and revert to the bios version that worked.
    Having reviewed the guide in your signature, I am planning on updating the BIOS to 0804. Before doing so, however, I have a quick question I was hoping you might be willing to answer. Specifically, should I rename the BIOS file I downloaded from the ASUS website (default name is 'MAXIMUS-VI-HERO-ASUS-0804.CAP')?

I suppose I am unsure whether I need to follow the procedures outlined in Step 3 of your guide or if that was only for older boards/BIOSs. If I do need to modify the name of the BIOS file, to what should I change it?

Thanks, in advance, for any help or information you might be able to provide.

Regards,

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Chino +200 Chino +200 Chino +200

Welcome to the ROG forums, orbster556.

If you're using the USB BIOS Flashback method, this is what you need to do.

1. Download the 0804 BIOS from Asus website.
    2. Format a USB pendrive to FAT32.
    3. Extract the BIOS file and rename the file to M6H.CAP.
    4. Put the BIOS file on your USB pendrive.
    5. Connect the USB pendrive to the the USB port that's right below the USB BIOS Flashback button.
    6. Press the USB BIOS Flashback button for three seconds until the LED begins to blink, then release.
    7. Wait until the LED stops blinking.
    8. Power on your system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast