cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus maximus vi hero bios update prolem

satan556
Level 7
Hello, I have a problem with my PC after installing the BIOS update. When I installed BIOS version 0711 and rebooted the computer and when I turn it on again and turns but nothing turns on.On the screen is still displayed code 00
Please advice.
14 REPLIES 14

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would suggest using the USB BIOS flashback guide in my sig and revert to the bios version that worked.

Do not update bios via OS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

26193Computer turns on but nothing is shown. I tried to upload flashcard older bios and do something about it, but without result. The image does not start and still is code 00 and CPU LED is on... 😞

HiVizMan wrote:
I would suggest using the USB BIOS flashback guide in my sig and revert to the bios version that worked.

Having reviewed the guide in your signature, I am planning on updating the BIOS to 0804. Before doing so, however, I have a quick question I was hoping you might be willing to answer. Specifically, should I rename the BIOS file I downloaded from the ASUS website (default name is 'MAXIMUS-VI-HERO-ASUS-0804.CAP')?

I suppose I am unsure whether I need to follow the procedures outlined in Step 3 of your guide or if that was only for older boards/BIOSs. If I do need to modify the name of the BIOS file, to what should I change it?

Thanks, in advance, for any help or information you might be able to provide.

Regards,

orbster556 wrote:
Having reviewed the guide in your signature, I am planning on updating the BIOS to 0804. Before doing so, however, I have a quick question I was hoping you might be willing to answer. Specifically, should I rename the BIOS file I downloaded from the ASUS website (default name is 'MAXIMUS-VI-HERO-ASUS-0804.CAP')?

I suppose I am unsure whether I need to follow the procedures outlined in Step 3 of your guide or if that was only for older boards/BIOSs. If I do need to modify the name of the BIOS file, to what should I change it?

Thanks, in advance, for any help or information you might be able to provide.

Regards,

If you are using the USB bios flashback method rename it to the correct protocol. In your case M6H.cap
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino
Level 15
Please remove all your components and put the motherboard on top of the box that it came in. Proceed to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins. Report back with your findings.

chomuco
Level 7

chomuco wrote:
nice new bios 804 !! http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/#support_Download_36

I 00'ed after this bios flash. I was at stock before it as well b/c i just reset my bios 2 days ago. After the 00 tried rebooting. tried unplugging for 30 sec and none worked. Sometimes it would make it to a2 and sometimes only 66. Did a reset from the cmos clear and its working now.
4770k | Asus Hero | G.Skill Trident 2400 32gb | Samsung 840 pro 256gb
NZXT Kraken x60 | Asus GTX780 Direct CU ii OC | Razer tiamat 7.1
Razer Imperator | Razer Nostromo | Antec High current pro 850
Thermaltake Xaser Vi | Windows 8.1 64bit

Something else as well. With the new bios my cache volt went up .100. i have a screen shot from 2 days ago. the next screen shot is from just after flash and the third is from when i was getting the 00 codes(i only got into the bios twice but never made it into windows). after the cmos reset the volts are at the just after the flash.
4770k | Asus Hero | G.Skill Trident 2400 32gb | Samsung 840 pro 256gb
NZXT Kraken x60 | Asus GTX780 Direct CU ii OC | Razer tiamat 7.1
Razer Imperator | Razer Nostromo | Antec High current pro 850
Thermaltake Xaser Vi | Windows 8.1 64bit

HiVizMan
Level 40
Each bios change has many different layers of change. For your system set up that may be one such change manifested.