cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX - keyboard backlit auto dim [solved with atk driver]

Jeracan
Level 7
Hiya all 🙂

My asus G750JX and it's keyboard and backlit functions is auto-dimming all the time. If I want the backlit (white lights) alwyas on is that possible and how do I do that?
19 REPLIES 19

Jeracan
Level 7
Timed it and it takes 60 sec before the keyboard lights turn off

Jeracan
Level 7
no one knows? or is it only a problem on my end?

Jeracan
Level 7
ok let me ask this, everyone with a G750 model, if you dont touch the keyboard for 60 sec.... does the backlit dim down (lights turn off) ?

kingfish
Level 7
mine not, even for long hours.
G751JT | 24GB | 2 x 1TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 970M | Windows XP

Jeracan
Level 7
Thanks for the reply 🙂 Does it have to do with the Asus Power4Gear Hybrid tool ? Just wonder how I can controll this at my desire.

I have the G750JX maybe it's only this version that has this build in...

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it will always ligh, how is your setting at power4gear? set to high performance?

villiansv
Level 11
Mine turns off after 1 minute of not touching it. No power4gear installed.

hmscott
Level 12
Jeracan wrote:

My asus G750JX and it's keyboard and backlit functions is auto-dimming all the time. If I want the backlit (white lights) alwyas on is that possible and how do I do that?

Jeracan, my keyboard light stays on all the time - so I keep it turned off via Fn-F3 and turn it on when I need it Fn-F4 - It doesn't time out - just tested it again.

While looking for the new BIOS for the JX to fix the low speeds under battery (JW has BIOS 208 that fixes it), I noticed that the JH BIOS 204 says:

" Version 204
Description BIOS 204
Fix that Keyboard light will fade out after a while in AC mode"

You should not flash a BIOS from another laptop model, even another G750, as they are unique to the hardware config for the laptop.

Check your BIOS version on the JX and see if you have the newest version: 207 and if not upgrade to JX 207 BIOS and see if it fixes the back-light timeout.

Or, you could wait for the next version of the BIOS for the JX that fixes the low speed while on battery issue.

Now that I have watched it for a while, it is dimming and turning off after a while, I don't have the timing nailed down yet - but when I use the trackpad or start typing it turns back on. I use a wireless keyboard/trackpad so I can work set back from the laptop, and hitting the shift key brings the laptop keyboard back light back up/on.