cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show off your desktop!

Cyrekk
Level 10
Here's a little bit of off topic fun! We all have desktops, some of us are proud of them, others ashamed. Sometimes your looking for a new way to spruce up the stale look of the old thing.

This is a thread for all of us to share our desktops, be it to show off your minimalist design or proudly boast about how cluttered with icons yours is. Or perhaps it can simply be a place to browse for new ideas.

I hope we can get some good involvement on this because sharing is caring, and we all care for each other here, right? I for one am particularly interested in seeing what some of the ASUS guy's desktops look like, assuming (or rather hoping) they find the time to join in!

So I will get the ball rolling! Here is my current desktop:
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS
427 REPLIES 427

Sputnikmk2
Level 7
Looks good. Whats the desktop app your running there and how did you get that transparency?
Crosshair V Formula - AMD FX 8150 - NZXT Switch 810 White - Antec Kuhler 920 -
Kingston Hyper X 2x4g@1600 - ASUS GTX580 Matrix Platinum - OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb - Enermax MaxRevo EMR1350EWT

chrsplmr
Level 18
Now thats a graphic !!!
Love the 'Quit being Lazy and" folder ... kinda of a, note to self?

In win7 if you hold your curor just to the right of the clock
the whole desktop will go transparent (unless disabled).
unless this is something else.

Very clean, good app..instant info.......thnx Ckk.

::edit:: for below:::
AhLot18--Scream'n ROG...awesome..
love the start button..
Cody..yep, good pic....My desktop? ..sorry...BLACK..BLANK.

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
Mines super plain, but because of this thread too, I had to organize it for certain reasons again due to game testing and product testings that are in beta 😞 I HATE CLEAN DESKTOP RAWRRR!

I just love my image though.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2r41yrb.png

Sputnikmk2 wrote:
Looks good. Whats the desktop app your running there and how did you get that transparency?

I am running rainmeter with the omnimo skin. The transparency comes from running an app called "FULLGLASS.exe" and pairing it with a dark theme.

chrsplmr wrote:
Now thats a graphic !!!
Love the 'Quit being Lazy and" folder ... kinda of a, note to self?

In win7 if you hold your curor just to the right of the clock
the whole desktop will go transparent (unless disabled).
unless this is something else.

Very clean, good app..instant info.......thnx Ckk.

Haha, yeah the full name of the folder is "Quit being lazy and organize these files" its basically where I throw all my desktop clutter that doesn't belong in the recycling bin.

Cody_Irwin wrote:
Mines super plain, but because of this thread too, I had to organize it for certain reasons again due to game testing and product testings that are in beta 😞 I HATE CLEAN DESKTOP RAWRRR!

I just love my image though.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2r41yrb.png

I agree, that image is awesome!
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

ahlot18
Level 8
Mine 😄

wallpaper made by me also the Asus start orb

Crosshair V Formula AM3+
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (Kingston hyper X)
Crossfire X Radeon 6870
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Cyrekk
Level 10
Wow man, VERY nice! I like the ROG logo replacing the orb!
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
I like the ROG one, where can i get that?

Six Foot Ginger wrote:
I like the ROG one, where can i get that?

ahlot18 wrote:
wallpaper made by me also the Asus start orb

Looks like he did the work himself guy, a kind request to share may provide that which you seek?
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

ahlot18
Level 8
Okay you can download here the Asus start orb DOWNLOAD HERE
also include the program to use to replace the start orb

just select the "select & change start button" to replace the orb 🙂

The wallpaper also made by me http://nishelou.deviantart.com/art/asus-formula-253453456

Added new start ORB 2539

Crosshair V Formula AM3+
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (Kingston hyper X)
Crossfire X Radeon 6870
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1