cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero RAM Upgrade. Need advice.

Jmiller1284
Level 7
Hi All,

I recently built my new RIG, which included the Maximus VI Hero, and 16 GB of GSKILL Rip Jaws 1600 MHz ram. This RAM and Motherboard will not work together correctly. Powering on the machine is a toss up on whether I will boot up successfully or get caught in an endless power on, power off, power on, power off loop. After extensive troubleshooting I have come to find out it is the RAM. Setting the XMP profile for the GSKILL helped A lot but it is still too "iffy" for my liking.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some comparable RAM that works with this motherboard for sure. I would greatly appreciate it.
4 REPLIES 4

Zennith
Level 7
I think I corsair vengeance pro series dual channel module on 1600MHz it's what you need.Got it with my mobo and never had a problem.
MB:MVI-H,CPU:i7-4770k,GPU:GTX670 Gigabyte,RAM:Corsair vengeance Pro 16MB 1600C9,
CPU cooler:Corsair H80i,PSU:Tagan piperock series 1300w =Happy Gamer!

Thanks man! Same mobo?

Jmiller1284
Level 7

Jmiller1284 wrote:
Sorry man I am kind of a newb. You think something like this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233538&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-G...

Those sticks will be a good choice.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.