+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ASUS On-screen Display

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Symho +10 Symho's Avatar

Question ASUS On-screen Display

Hi to all!

Today I had founded on my apps (WIn8) the ASUS On-screen display. What is this application? Which is his function? Thanks in advance.
    ??? ( after 7 RMA)

Super Moderator cl-Albert +30

Hi Symho!

I found the ASUS On-Screen Display App appears in Win8 after updating the ATK driver to Version V1.0.0030.

Sorry for not including a picture of this, but it appears to turn on or off the onscreen display that shows up in the middle of the screen when using some of the Fn keys like Fn+F3/F4 for the keyboard light and Fn+F9 for the touchpad.

The other Fn keys that show an onscreen display in the top left-hand corner like Fn+F5/F6 for screen brightness and Fn+F11/F12 for volume are not affected by this App, so it does not affect all the Fn keys.

Below is a screenshot of the ASUS On-Screen Display App for those that are interested.

g750jw atk30 onscreen display3.jpg
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 09-24-2013 at 11:20 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Symho +10 Symho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Hi Symho!

I found the ASUS On-Screen Display App appears in Win8 after updating the ATK driver to Version V1.0.0030.

Sorry for not including a picture of this, but it appears to turn on or off the onscreen display that shows up in the middle of the screen when using some of the Fn keys like Fn+F3/F4 for the keyboard light and Fn+F9 for the touchpad.

The other Fn keys that show an onscreen display in the top left-hand corner like Fn+F5/F6 for screen brightness and Fn+F11/F12 for volume are not affected by this App, so it does not affect all the Fn keys.

Below is a screenshot of the ASUS On-Screen Display App for those that are interested.

Attachment 26753
    Thank you mod!
    ??? ( after 7 RMA)

New ROGer tavo_sdq +10

Hi,
    How can I do to to have the "Asus on-screen display "for all fn keys, and not only for Fn+F3/F4 and Fn+F9...?
    Thanks.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Maxter +10 Maxter's Avatar

You can't. Some keys show what's happening, some others will not. The ones that do not are usually the ones that start software stuff, such as Fn+C.

+ Reply to Thread