cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene Z driver instal

Retired
Not applicable
Hi guys I need a little help with installing drivers I downloaded from the Asus web site. There is always a application called AsusStetup so I asume you always use this one but sometimes there is a setup aplication as well and its usualy larger do I install both? There is also alot of other aplications and folders inside the main folder with aplications in them? Do I need to install just the AsusSetup aplication or do I need to go through every single folder and instal every aplication I can find.

Please see screen shots of examples. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Spathi
Level 9
.\Bin\ASSETUP.exe

Drivers "ASUS InstAll"

Utilities "ASUS InstAll"
have a look
Uninstall Utilities you don't want
Install ccleaner
Run CCleaner and clean drive clean registry

...or select them. Probably the only Utilities that are clean/useful are..
-AISuite
-Daemon Tools
-SoundBlaster X-Fi
-ROG CPU-z
-MemTweakIt
but you will probably want to look at them all anyway

Download latest BIOS
flash with AISuite
Install Intel driver in latest bios zip

ROG GPU-z is on the net somewhere
There is a also a good program called DUMeter on the net for viewing the upload/download and connections.

Area_66
Level 11
With all the Asus board I install , I notice sometime the Asussetup don't work, in those time I use the setup and it work. They do the same anyway, but will be interesting to know from Asus why 2 apps ?

Retired
Not applicable
Ok cool so if I install AsusSetup in the main folder that will install everything in all the sub folders. And if that fails for some reason try the setup app in the main folder instead. Maybe it would be easier to just install the disc first, does the AIsuite have options in it to automaticly update driver? I am just researching and prep work at the moment as I'm still waiting for it to arrive and want to be ready for an easy instal. This is my first build and want to get it running at its best.

Area_66
Level 11
Usally I install the NIC driver and I go on the Asus website to get the last drivers.