cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just built my rig, FF then shutdown

oxidax
Level 7
Hi everyone,
I just finished building my rig and i decided to do a test run to see if everything was good.
Everything was running smooth.. SDD's, case fans and the corsair H90 one and etc. I don't have a GPU yet, but i will later this week. I know that this mobo doesn't have a a VGA output in the back so theres no way of knowing if its even getting into bios.
My problem is that the computer shuts down after about 5 seconds. The motherboard shows F.F when it starts, it rapidly changes in half a second to "OC" or "0C" and then the same to "10" and then F.F again and thats where it shuts off.
My guess is that this is happening because theres no Video card present? But other mobos boot up even if theres no video card so thats where im confused.
I tried with only 1 Ram on the 2nd slot, with no CPU (It only showed F.F when i did this) and with only the mobo's power connected while everything else was disconnected.

Asus Crosshair Formula-Z Motherboard
G.Skill Sniper 4x4gb
Adata SSD x2
AMD FX 8-Core 8350 CPU 4ghz
No GPU
Cooler master 750W 80 Gold Power Supply
Corsair H90 Cooling
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Wait until you have all your parts then put them together.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi, i did as you recommended and waited for my gpu to arrive. I just installed it but i keep getting the same shutdown. I pressed the "go" button and managed to get into bios for about 2 seconds but i shut down inmediately. I made a video of my problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KahsgsUdbfU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I dont know what to do :/.
I already removed the battery for 5m and changed to jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 for 5m and then moved it back to 1-2.

Woah forget what i just posted. Ijust installed the stock cpu fan and its working. So does that mean that the corsair h90 doesnt work with the formula z?

oxidax wrote:
Woah forget what i just posted. Ijust installed the stock cpu fan and its working. So does that mean that the corsair h90 doesnt work with the formula z?

No. You probably overtightened the screws when you were installing the H90. Or something was shorting out your motherboard.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers for the quick post back, was busy pulling out a H90 and a Hero board.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

oxidax
Level 7
Thank you for the help folks. Its all good now. I was connecting the h90's fan on the wrong pin and the mobo wasn detecting it lol. All good!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Indeed happy PCing.

Thread closed