cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X79 Deluxe - Memory

D3spereaux
Level 7
Hello people,

i have a problem with the memory setting on my motherboard. I can´t connect my memory to the Quad Channel. When I connect them, motherboard reports "DIMM_C1 abnormal". Memory are working, I tested them. Now i have this memory connect in dual channel.
Can me someone help with this problem.

I have this memory:
Crucial 16GB kit (8GBx2) overall 32GB
BLT2CP8G3D1869DT1TX0CEU Ballistix 240-pin DIMM DDR3 PC3-14900 • 9-9-9-27 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1866 • 1.5V • 1024Meg x 64 •

Thanks
Dream as if you'll live forever...Live as if you'll die today.....
8 REPLIES 8

Raja
Level 13
It is because you have combined the kits. You will need to relax timings and possibly lower the memory ratio for all 32GB to work. You should have purchased a single 32GB memory kit, not multiple 8GBX2 kits...

Michalos
Level 7
Helo Raja, him board is 100% ok? THX

Raja
Level 13
His board is fine. His issues are because he combined memory kits to make a higher density.

D3spereaux
Level 7
Hi Raja,
i have one question.
I have now this memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) Part No. CMD32GX3M4A1866C9 and i have still problem with Quad. DIMM C1 reports "Abnormal". This memory are in X79-DELUXE Motherboard Qualified Vendors List.

Thank you for your response.

the dimm C1 slot should be dammaged , you should try the dimm C2 . the cpu should use it like the dimm C1 and set cpu in quad memory mode .
if that works then move the dimm D1 to dimm D2 so the temp will be cool .

D3spereaux
Level 7
i tried dimm C2 and the same problem reports - DIMM C2 "Abnormal".

I also tried these memory put in dimm A1, A2, B1, B2 in dual mode and it works.

Michalos
Level 7
I say it, slot is K.O. 🙂 Raja?

cybilcat
Level 7
Just wanted to update this as I had the same issue on my new build this weekend.

My problem was that i was swapping out a x58 motherboard and installing this new board. Some of the brass standoffs used on the x58 were not needed on the x79 but I left them in. Once installled two standoffs were touching the DIMM pins on the reverse of the board causing the adnormal message in the BIOS.

The BIOS "saw" both sticks of RAM but only recgonised one DIMM. As soon as the spare standoffs were removed everything was fine.

basic fix and worth checking before you tear your hair out!