cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking Care of Asus G750 (Requesting)

Wanderlust
Level 7
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Everyone,

In my life I've always wanted a ROG Laptop from ASUS. Indeed I have bought a ASUS ROG G750JX Model for the first time ever.

What I am requesting and asking from everyone who is viewing this thread/post is what do they use to clean their laptops? Liquids, fluids, types of wipes, etc. Of course this all depends on what areas of the laptops as well including the monitor.

I know there is a service called "Google" but I figured I would ask from the best community forum for ROG anyways.

Also how long do you think these laptops will last in par with the gaming industry? Personally I can take care of the physical care of the product. But like always, nothing lasts forever and I am certainly wondering how long these ROG laptops will last since I just dropped $1500 on one. I've heard of stuff like switching harddrive/SSD every couple of years as well. Not sure about the RAM. I also heard the processor and the graphics card should last as long as I dont abuse them (par lifespan).

Sincerely,
New ROG Gamer
ASUS ROG G750JX-RB71 | Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz | 12GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 770M | 750GB Harddrive | Sudden Attack North America Player (SANA) | Starcraft 2 Custom Game Player | Diablo 3 | Steam User | League of Legends (Under lvl 30 atm) | Phantasy Star Online 2 (Japanese Ver.) | OPEN TO TRY NEW GAMES EVERYDAY

wanderlust - a strong desire to travel to anywhere to any places.
8 REPLIES 8

Flea0
Level 10
the microfiber cloth that came in my box is enough to remove any grease stain without using detergents,.
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

DeltaActual
Level 12
microfiber cloth and compressed air.
G614JV

I use the included cloth from ASUS to clean the keyboard/surface area. Its perfect for that. Sometimes I use a bit of screen cleaner to dampen the cloth.

I have a handful of microfiber cloths set aside to clean the screen. I get these when included with eye glasses, sun glasses, computer glasses, etc. I use a simple screen cleaning solution as well.

Compressed air for the vents every other month.

"CC cleaner" program for the hard drive.
ASUS G750JX-TB71

• CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
  • Screen: 17.3' Full HD Matte Screen @ 100Hz
  • Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz. RAM 2x8
  • Storage: 500GB SSD 850 EVO + 750GB HDD @ 7200rpm
  • TC: IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU

"CC Cleaner for the hard drive"

LOL. Thanks Dream. Do you think there will be a time in the future where I will have to disassemble the G750 so I can throughly clean the vent/fans? Or do you think the Compress Air is enough?
ASUS ROG G750JX-RB71 | Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz | 12GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 770M | 750GB Harddrive | Sudden Attack North America Player (SANA) | Starcraft 2 Custom Game Player | Diablo 3 | Steam User | League of Legends (Under lvl 30 atm) | Phantasy Star Online 2 (Japanese Ver.) | OPEN TO TRY NEW GAMES EVERYDAY

Anybody a previous ROG user? How long do these laptops usually last (without the usual overclock, etc)

Wanderlust wrote:
Anybody a previous ROG user? How long do these laptops usually last (without the usual overclock, etc)

I have the G74, G75 and G750 and there is also an old G73 in the house (my housemates), and it's still going strong (he gets my handmedowns).
G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
G75VW-T1013V
G74SX

Wanderlust
Level 7
And thank you everyone for the information.

iweber95
Level 7
As for how long it will last....

It really depends on the games and how high you want to run them. I'd give it 3+ years though. First you'll start off with pretty much maxing all games, then slowly have to move from high to medium settings and so on. But there isn't anything for sure.
ASUS G750JX
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ @ 3.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M @ 932Mhz
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 256GB SSD