cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with display/video issues. Video included!

Retired
Not applicable
This laptop has been acting strangely ever since I bought it. Sometimes the laptop starts and I can hear the applications running, but the laptop doesnt display anything. Also when it does start up and i carry it around, the video just gives out. I don't know what to do, and it seems like people don't like to RMA these laptops because it takes a really long time.

Here's a video of the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3olOetXRdEE
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable
Looks like a bad connection from panel to motherboard to me.

refire
Level 7
I'm going to take a random guess here... As I am not nearly experienced as many of the people on this forum, I am sure that someone will poke a hole in this theory semi-quickly (which is a good thing), but it can't hurt to try.

Considering, just from the video, you do not have the laptop plugged in, there could be a bad wire from the battery, or power supply all together. When you press in the right spot, the wire moves a little and either makes bad contact or just makes no contact at all. The reason why I thought that it might not just be something wrong with the display is since the laptop shut completely off when the display turned off, rather than just making the screen go black. The screen flickering, (this one is most likely way off target) could be caused by the bad connection, so the screen doesn't get the power it needs. Seen similarly to when a light bulb dims because of lack of power.