cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme USB issue (P67)

Siamak8286
Level 7
Hey guys, Ive been having some USB Issues and wondering if someone can help, how should i setup my USB settings in BIOS, should i use NEC or PCH and also i hear u need to connect the 4 pin molex on the Motherboard which i haven't currently but i did connect 8 PIN on top of the board next to the CPU, doesn't that do the same thing?
Also 1 more question, i currently running everything on stock and my 2600K is running at stock 3.4ghz speed and my ram at 2133, RealTemp shows my Temps as follow"
Idle: 35 35 34 34
Playing games: 41 42 39 39
My room temperature is around 78F, can u guys let me know if those temps are ok?

Also im on BIOS 1409 and wondering of i should upgrade to 1850 or 1902 and if i upgrade will it make my system more stable and better overall?
5 REPLIES 5

Prophet
Level 7
Welcome.

I have the same board, use NEC for the USB. Makes all the funky stuff go away.

Temps look normal.

The two Molex plugs give extra power to the PCIe slots, not the CPU. That's what the 8pin connection is for.

As for BIOS, if the system is stable, upgrades will do nothing for you. I would say leave it for now, but reflash is not a bad thing.

Ferosin
Level 9
NEC contoller is for your USB3 ports

The 4 pin molex is for the PCIE slots if you are running sli or tri sli then you want to plug it in. The 8 pin is for your cpu

Your temps are fine for running at 3.4 what cooler are you using though and are you looking to overclock?

BIOS 1409 is stable no reason to upgrade unless you are experiencing issues with your board. If you do decide to upgrade and are using the Intel ports in a raid config backup your data before you update the bios.

Also when i got this board i didn't touch anything in Bios, almost everything is at stock, i hear its recomended to enable and disable some settings and change some of the voltages in BIOS, can u guys go over which settings i need to enable/disable and let me know what should my cpu voltage be for stock 2600K? below is my full system spec:
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T
CPU: i7 SandyBridge 2600K @3.4
Ram: Corsair Domminator GT 8GB
MB: ASUS Maximus IV Extreem B3 (BIOS 1409)
GFX: EVGA 580 GTX 3GB Version
HDD: Samsung SSD 250GB (OS DRIVE) Seagate Barracuda 3TB (DATA)
PS: Corsair HX1050

Siamak8286
Level 7
Thanks for quick response guys, as for my CPU Cooler im using Corsair H80, thats why i was wondering about my temps for that cooler, keep in mind my room temp is usually around 78-79F, also this system is mostly for gaming so i dont think i need to OC for now, i might do it in a year or so.

Ferosin
Level 9
Look over the guide that Asus has provided it will answer most of your basic questions and help you understand overclocking on the 1155 chipset http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?2157-Maximus-IV-Extreme-Bios-Sandybridge-CPU-Overview-a...