+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: g74sx trackpad troubles

ROG Guru: Black Belt BrodyBoy +20

Do you mean the back of the touchpad? And does "gunk" mean you removed the insulating foam and the grounding tape? Your description still isn't very clear.

New ROGer Ewalach +10

About the touchpad of the G74sx
    Hi everyone... I've been reading about the issues of the touchpad... The first thing I must say is that the scroll was really useless because it didn't respond very well... the zoom in and zoom out functions were unestable... etc.

I downloaded the 9.1.7.7 version and now it's a little bit better than the previous version... the scroll function now respond very well (very close to the macs touchpad), the zoom fine... and must of all... in the previous version you could disable the touchpad for some seconds while you were typing... the 9.1.7.7 has something called asus smartsense that allows to disable some areas of the touchpad to let you write without touching it... it's similar to the previous "respond after x seconds of typing". Personally it's useless for me cause I use Photoshop and I must use the touchpad and the keyboard at the same time for some functions... but maybe is useful for some people to avoid touching the touchpad while you are typing.

Another thing I must say is that with the previous version I couldn't disable the touchpad at all. And I mean without a usb mouse... when I had a usb mouse plugged in, the touchpad was disabled, but I couldn't disable it if a usb mouse wasn't plugged in... With this version I can disable it if a mouse is not plugged...

Try that version, the 9.1.7.7... I don't remember very well, but I guess I found it in the Asus web...

Finally, sorry for the bad english... I am not from USA... XD

ROG Guru: Black Belt BrodyBoy +20

Quote Originally Posted by Ewalach View Post
    About the touchpad of the G74sx
    Hi everyone... I've been reading about the issues of the touchpad...

Try that version, the 9.1.7.7... I don't remember very well, but I guess I found it in the Asus web...
    I think many owners are aware of the different drivers available, and how they differ. But I'm sure your insights will be useful to some who might still be trying to decide which one they want.

But driver selection isn't really the touchpad issue you probably read about with some G74s (and G73s). It's a hardware failure, unfortunately, and drivers don't help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2